samtom
1 Copper

facing problems to set up wifi network

hi every one,

i am new to this forum

i am facing great problem setting up wifi.

i am using a xps 17 running windows 7.

i use a wimax usb device for internet.  can anyone plz plz tell me how i can use my laptop as wifi router and use internet via my andriod running galaxy s3

it will be a very big help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: facing problems to set up wifi network

Hi,

The laptop should be connected to the wire internet. The computer should have Java installed.

Please perform the steps below to turn your computer into an access point or hotspot.

1.Click the link below.

http://www.virtualaccesspoint.com/

2.Click Run when prompted.

3.Type any SSID (name for the network) and a password key with a minimum length of 8 characters of your choice.

4.Click “Turn on Soft AP” button.

5.The User Account Control will prompt to run "turnonvp.bat file". Click the Yes button. A command prompt window will appear automatically running a few commands. When it is done, click on the “X” button to close the command prompt window.

An additional “Wireless Network Connection 2” which uses the Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapter will be automatically created in Network Connections.

The access point which you’ve just created is now visible and can be connected with the correct key. However one more step is required in order for the connected device to use the Internet connection.

• Click Start.
  • Click Control Panel.
  • Open the Network and Sharing Center.
  • To change the adapter settings, right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties. Click the Sharing tab and check the box beside “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection“.In the drop down near “Select a private network connection”, select “Wireless Network Connection 2” and click the OK button to close the window.

Please connect your smartphone to the wireless network by entering the SSID and password you entered earlier.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks & Regards
Sudeep S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos