Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 30th, 2005 23:00

intel Pro2200BG Standby Problems

Let me start by saying that the last two driver releases from intel have worked very well for me.  My connection doesn't drop and I get great speeds.  Things are so much better than they were.

I'm left with one annoying problem, however.  One that I emailed Intel about back when the version 8 drivers were still around.  If I resume from standby, often times I can't reconnect to my access point.  My computer sees the AP just fine.  It just always fails to connect.  Logging off and back on always solves this issue.  Usually just letting the computer sit for 15 or so minutes will also solve the issue.

Would anyone like to speculate as to what causes this behavior?  Anyone have any solutions?

770 Posts

December 1st, 2005 02:00

I'll try to speculate for you.  Since you say if you log-off and log back on,  or wiat 15 minutes the problem is resolved,  I'll bet that the Wireless Zero Config (service) is resetting something in the woreless driver that is not being properly cleared/reset by the resume from suspend.

I was just recenty playing with a Thinkpad that has the Intel 2200BG wireless NIC.  It had no issues with resume from suspend (or hibernate for that matter).  The Thinkpad has a piece of software called Access Connections which automatically switches between wireless and wired network connectivity based on configurations, etc.  This software automatically enables/disables NICs for you.  Since it does the enable/disable,  I'm also guessing that it does something to reset the wireless NIC configuration which is what causes it to work properly on the Thinkpad.  Since it would also explain that after some time (or a logoff/logon) your wireless would sart to work since the wireless zero config service would also "reset" the wireless NIC...

7.9K Posts

December 1st, 2005 02:00

yeah ...  as far as weird things go, disabling and enabling the card makes no difference.  repairing the connection makes no difference.  a logoff/on always fixes the problem.  the problem happens whether I use ProSet or WZC.    not sure where that leaves me ;p
No Events found!