Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 26th, 2003 02:00

intel pro/wireless lan 2100 mini pci adapter not working

Using Latitude D600. The Device Manager doen't list the card under Network adapters, but I see under "Other devices" the following entry next to the yellow question mark icon:

Network Controller

I click on it and tell it to reinstall the driver but doesn't find any when I select the CD utilities CD. I've tried to run the Intell PRO/Wireless 2100 LAN Mini-PCI Adpater Driver and PROSet utility off the CD and nothing has changed, expect I now have the "Intel Wired Adapater" icon on the system tray. When I open this I don't see any available wireless networks, as expected since the device driver hasn't been installed yet.

So, what could be wrong? Why can't I get the system to recognise the card and install the driver? Is the card faulty? Is it because I'm using Windows 2000 Server? Upgraded from SP3 to SP4 but made no difference.

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2003 09:00

OK, I re-installed XP but I still can't  get the system to recognise the PCI adapater. The BIOS says wireless is enabled. I took the cover off and I can see there's a card with the following details:

Broadcom BCM94306MP - there are two wires that I think are the aerial(s) attached to the card.

Is this a wireless card?

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2003 14:00

Download the latest updates/drivers from the Dell website, then call tech support.  I had similar problems, and tech support had me do the following:

unseat the card, then re-seat it; uninstall the device/drivers in safe mode; disable the card in BIOS; remove the Intel ProSet software; enable the card in BIOS; then reboot again for about the 5th time.

I had run the downloaded new drivers a few times prior to all of this, so when I re-booted the last time, I believe the laptop found the latest drivers (and device manager confirmed this).

The above steps have fixed my problem for now, I am waiting to see if this fix 'sticks'. Before, I was able to get the card working by uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers; but then the next day, would have the same issues all over.

But really, call them.

Stasz

No Events found!