Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2005 07:00

internet connection

I have a dell inspiron 8200. I cant connect to my msn messenger or my dellnet msn explorer. When I look under my connection manger for msn explorer it says that it is disconnected and under firewall but when i try to connect or check the status it wont connect. When ever i use the trouble shooter it said something about my ping not reading the gateway connection or something like that so it wont connect. I cant really use internet explorer so i need msn to work. my internet explorer just goes to the about blank page and whenever i run the virus scans and it changes back over it eventually goes back to about blank and then i get all these pop ups which slows it down and freezes it up until it closes down. if anyone can help me figure this out please get back to me as soon as possible thanks

28K Posts

December 17th, 2005 13:00

Download, install, update, and run the free versions of Ad-Aware and Spybot and let these programs remove all of the garbage that they find.

If these programs don't solve the problem, go Here and follow the directions to download and run the analysis tool called HijackThis. Generate a log file, then open it and copy and paste the text of the log file in a message in the HijackThis forum where a HijackThis expert can offer advice on how to fix the problem.

Steve

No Events found!