Highlighted
jlknew
1 Copper

missing adapter

my adapter is missing from my device manager and dell can't tell me what kind it is.  driver page only has wireless listed and mine is onboard.  i have a 531s. does anyone have an idea what it might be? i had to pay 60 buck to have dell tell me i don't know and get a set of disks. hopefully i can reinstall it from those.  otherwise, i'll be getting my money back on way or another.!!!!! and using windows vista

0 Kudos
2 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: missing adapter

jlknew,

Did you recently reinstall the operating system?

Try running Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and post the rest of the information back here. Let's see if the list provides the information.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Telson A
4 Tellurium

Re: missing adapter

my adapter is missing from my device manager and dell can't tell me what kind it is.  driver page only has wireless listed and mine is onboard.  i have a 531s. does anyone have an idea what it might be? i had to pay 60 buck to have dell tell me i don't know and get a set of disks. hopefully i can reinstall it from those.  otherwise, i'll be getting my money back on way or another.!!!!! and using windows vista

Hi,

Here is the driver for your Network Adapter nVidia nForce Networking Controller

Forum Member Since 2010

0 Kudos