Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2013 12:00

my internet keeps disconnecting then when i troubleshoot it temporarily fixes it.

Hi, when ever i try to talk on Skype or play games online my internet constantly disconnects.when it does i go to my wireless connection area and troubleshoot for problems with wireless connection 1 2 and local network area and it finds an issue with wireless connection 1.it then "fixes" it and tells me "problem with wireless adapter or access point"-fixed but then it just stops working literally a minute later and tells me the same thing when i try again.I have a dell inspiron 620 with a radeon 6670 that i installed inside of it. i am not using Ethernet connection im using wireless.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 1st, 2013 18:00

Hi Justin Jac,

I’d suggest that you update the wireless card driver on your computer to check for issue resolution.

Please follow the link below. When the page comes up please put in the service tag of your computer. Then go ahead and download the wireless card driver from Network section, after selecting the operating system installed on your computer, from the link below.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

June 1st, 2013 20:00

sorry but it didn't find any drivers so it did nothing =[ thank you for helping though,any other suggestions?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 23:00

Hi Justin Jac,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check the wireless card and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

No Events found!