Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 29th, 2012 06:00

n5050 wireless shut down problem

hi,

i have a dell inspiron n5050. i bought it 2 months ago.  when i bought it i could connect to any wireless i wanted. 2 or 3 weeks later i restored the system to previus date because i had installed a couple of games which when i unistalled, i noticed that my computer was toooo slow.. after that when i try to connect to ONE specific network my laptop crashes the router and whoever is connected to it gets off. i don't have this problem with any other wireless. i have contacted the internet service and we fegured out it isn't a router problem.. by the way (and i don;t know if this is of any significance) this ONE specific network is the first network i entered when i restored my system. i run win7. for any more details ask..

thnx

565 Posts

December 29th, 2012 17:00

Hi penevasi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to isolate the issue: 

1. Try to connect to any other Wireless network available and check.
  2. Update Wireless card drivers from support dell.com site using wired connection
  3. Check if wireless is working in Safe mode with networking.
  4. To check in Safe Mode with Networking, power off the computer.
  5. Power on the computer at Dell logo and press F8. Advance options menu is displayed.
  6. Select an option that says safe mode with networking. Press Enter.
  7. Check if computer is able to connect to Wireless Network.

For more information on how to troubleshoot with Wireless Networks, please follow the link mentioned below: http://dell.to/MjfKVJ

Please perform the steps mentioned above and post the results.

565 Posts

January 1st, 2013 23:00

Hi penevasi,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back to us. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

11 Posts

January 4th, 2013 08:00

Hi, I have done all steps except from receiving the drivers because I didn't have a wire to connect to Ethernet. The results so far are disappointed. The problem occurs only in this network. what is more, In safe mode I can not even see the network. I'll try the wired connection and I will contact again.

11 Posts

January 4th, 2013 09:00

I don't know which one is the card so I write down everything I see..

Network adapter:

-dell wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n

-Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

-adapter Microsoft wifi virtual miniport

565 Posts

Hi penevasi,

Please provide me the Wireless card model number installed so that we can provide you the link for the drivers, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click Start.
  2. Right click Computer.
  3. Click Manage.
  4. On the left pane click Device Manager.
  5. Click (+) Network Adapter.
  6. Provide the name of Wireless card installed in the computer.

Please revert back, would be glad to assist you.

11 Posts

I tried the wired connection but still same all. It showed me that I was connected to the network and that I was connected to the Internet but when I opened the browser and I tried to open dell.com page the router crashed once again. In other words happened exactly what happens with the wireless connection.  

11 Posts

January 4th, 2013 10:00

I searched the page and I found it in a different category

565 Posts

Hi penevasi,

Please refer to the following link which has the Network drivers for this computer: http://ftp1.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/inspiron-15-intel-n5050-all.html#Network

Download and save the file for Dell Wireless 1701 which has a release date of 8/21/2011 and check. Follow the steps mentioned in the previous post to uninstall the drivers and then install 

For any clarifications feel free to contact me

11 Posts

I cannot find the driver with the specific release date..  I can only see 2 files " dell wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n, Wireless WLAN 1501 half mini card..........." And " dell wireless 1701 Bluetooth v3.0+hs........" Both with release date 7/23/2011

11 Posts

But I can't download it. The link does not respond

11 Posts

I tried to right click it and save link as, but the file it downloaded was 0 bytes

11 Posts

"The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred". This is what it says when I try to go to the page.

565 Posts

Hi penevasi,

Please refer to the following link to download the Wireless drivers (it would (Dell Wireless 1701): http://bit.ly/UNXQCb

Download and save the file in the computer and then uninstall the drivers (Dell Wireless 1701) from Device Manager, please follow the below mentioned steps to uninstall the drivers: 

1. Click Start.
  2. Right click Computer.
  3. Click Manage.
  5. Click (+) Network adapter.
  6. Right click the Dell Wireless 1701 and uninstall it.

Ensure that the “delete the driver software for this device" is checked. Restart the computer and install the Wireless drivers and check.

Please post the results.

565 Posts

January 6th, 2013 07:00

Hi penevasi,

Please refer the following link to download the driver: http://dell.to/QqhXX6

Download and save the file in the computer and then uninstall the drivers (Dell Wireless 1701) from Device Manager, please follow the below mentioned steps to uninstall the drivers: 

1. Click Start.
  2. Right click Computer.
  3. Click Manage.
  5. Click (+) Network adapter.
  6. Right click the Dell Wireless 1701 and uninstall it.

Ensure that the “delete the driver software for this device" is checked. Restart the computer and install the Wireless drivers and check.

Please post the results.

11 Posts

January 6th, 2013 14:00

Is it sure that this is the "wrong" part? Cause once I installed other drivers and I had problems in my system. Is it sure that it is from the computer? Is there any chance that it is from the router? I searched a bit and I found that I have to upgrade the router.. I ll do that and I ll contact again.. Otherwise I'll write back that problem's solved.. Thank for your help anyway..

No Events found!