Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2010 13:00

network adapter 1397 wlan mini-card completely gone.

Hello,

This morning when i started my laptop my wireless internet was gone :S.
i tried to search driver in the Device manager but by my surprise it is completely gone. I tried to reinstall the drivers but i always get the message that he can't find compitable hardware and that the software i try to install doesnt get support from the system.

i have a Studio 1747 laptop with an 1397 wlan mini-card. The laptop runs on windows 7 64bit

i hope somebody can help me.  

thanks in advance,
Maikel

4 Posts

September 29th, 2010 16:00

Thanks for your answer Rick, but i already tried that and it didnt worked :(

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Maikel,

Windows 7 makes a system restore point every time you startup your computer. Use system restore and go back to the day before it worked.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Maikel,

Upgraded to Windows 7 or the system came with Windows 7? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Start, control panel, device manager, network, 1397 WLAN Adapter, advanced. Try changing the antenna diversity from Auto to AUX and see if you can connect.

Any yellow exclaimination mark or red x's in the device manager?

Rick

4 Posts

September 29th, 2010 17:00

The system came with windows 7, 64 bit.

1397 wlan adapter doesnt show in device manager at all/ fn +f2 doesnt work either, he cant find any wireless connection.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 29th, 2010 20:00

kwekduck,

If this is still under waranty, then contact Dell Tech Support.

You can try restarting the computer and press F2 and make sure the wireless adapter is enabled in the bios.

You can try restarting the computer, tapping F8 and enter the safe mode with networking.

My suspicions are that the wireless card has either, come out of the slot or it has failed. I would probably check to see if it has come lose first.

No unknown devices showing in the device manager, correct?

Rick

4 Posts

September 30th, 2010 04:00

Yes my laptop is still under waranty and i think i will contact dell tech support.

Wireless adapter is enabled in the bios, I didnt try to enter in safe mode yet, will do that soon.

Networkcard isnt loose. and correct no unknown devices are showing in device manager.

I will contact Dell Tech Support later this day.

I want to thank you for all your time and help Rick :) i appreciate that.

Maikel

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 30th, 2010 06:00

Maikel,

When it can be a warranty issue, it's recommended to contact Dell Tech Support. You never know if the part came through defective or it just failed. This way it can be replaced at no charge.

Keep me posted.

Rick

No Events found!