Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2012 12:00

no wireless drivers

i have dell vostro 3400 running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.Few days back i reinstalled windows .since then i am unable to find the appropriate drivers for my wi fi.system does not detect any wi fi networks. i can acces the internet on wired LAN.someone please help by pinpointing the exact drivers and the order of installation so that it starts working.

thanks all in advance

1.8K Posts

December 11th, 2012 13:00

Hi b.prasad,

Dell Vostro 3400 ships out with four different models of wireless cards, depending on the configuration of the system. You will need to download the wireless drivers for the card that is configured with your computer. Please visit the following link and enter the Service Tag in the “Yes” section and click on “Submit”:
http://dell.to/YFr4GW

The next page displays all the drivers that apply to your computer’s hardware. Click on “Network” and download the wireless drivers listed.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 11th, 2012 20:00

b.prasad,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

No Events found!