george_gou
1 Copper

problem with skype-interruptions and cannot spot the problem

In skype and in all these programs, even if all the others hear me good, I hear with many interruptions and distortions. Even in the test sound call, I cannot hear at all.

I checked the internet connection and it is extremely good (20-30 Mbps) and I entered from another pc, and I could hear excellently. Even from my mobile wich has skype and a processor of only 600 Mhz I can talk very good and hear through skype.

I uninstalled and installed twice the skype in my laptop, but the problem remains.

The same happens with the speakers or headset or whatever.

I updated the audio drivers, and the problem remains.

The laptop is only one month new with i7 processor and 8gb ram, and I wanted it so as to talk, as I just rellocated for a job and it is very important to communicate with my country.

Any ideas, where else to look? I don^t know if dell support can send me a technisian in my city, as there is no dell support here, only in Amsterdam.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: problem with skype-interruptions and cannot spot the problem

george_gou,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
george_gou
1 Copper

Re: problem with skype-interruptions and cannot spot the problem

Thank you for your answer. I tried all these you stated, and the problem remains.

And I don't know if a technician can come to me for service with my warrantee, in another country.

0 Kudos