Highlighted

sysprep deleted network drivers, now can't install wireless drivers for dell wireless wlan card

I ran sysprep before creating an image of a system; now that image doesn't have networking drivers.... I was able to install all of the removed drivers, with the exception of the dell wireless wlan card (1500)...   When I run the installation, the installation just sits on the "installing dell wireless wlan card" screen and doesn't go anywhere...

I've uninstalled the old components in add/remove programs, booted in safe mode and uninstalled the components that weren't working, etc...

Dell's only solution on the phone was to format the system, which in this case is not an option since the installation needs to come from the image that has this issue in the first place...

Ideas on how I can completely remove all traces of the old driver to be able to successfully reinstall the driver? (reg hacks, etc?)

Thanks,

Dane
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: sysprep deleted network drivers, now can't install wireless drivers for dell wireless wlan card

I got the drivers installed by manually installing them in device manager, versus running the setup program...  Not sure why Dell "Wireless Support" couldn't have suggested that... BTW, if anyone gets "Addy" (I think she was at the call center in Alabama), prepare to have your time wasted on useless troubleshooting tasks (she had me take the laptop apart among other things)..
0 Kudos