Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2020 01:00

trying to duplicate my screen to smart tv

I am desperately trying to connect my xps-13 9380 to my smart tv (Samsung) with no success... w10 > settings > Bluetooth devices  > add > wireless display or doc... and nothing! Bothe, the laptop and the tv are connected wirelessly to the same network... 

At a certain moment, the smart tv appeared in the list... > connect > I clicked "Allow" on the tv screen... then on my laptop appeared a PIN to be used on tv... but, the TV didn't require for it so... I couldn't continue...

I also tried: start > windows mobility center >  connect display > duplicate > connect to a wireless display... nothing!

Nothing = the smart tv doesn't appear in the list...

It works as audio device... meaning I can run some audio files on the laptop and hear it on the tv... but, as video... no way! 

It also works via Google Chromecast device... 

It also worked with a Samsung Q7 smart tv (mine is Q6)... something is missing in the equation... any ideea what I am doing wrong? It should be simple... 

Thank you

• 

25.1K Posts

July 3rd, 2020 02:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

July 3rd, 2020 10:00

It could be because the integrated graphics in the laptop usually only supports resolutions like 1280x720 and 4k might just be too much for it to run. Connect your computer to the TV with an HDMI. When you get it to connect with the TV, go to the bottom right of the screen of the laptop where the bar is. Click on the arrow pointing up, and the click "Intel HD Graphics". Click "Graphics Properties" and then double click "display". In display, click "Multiple Displays" and then click "clone displays". Then click "Apply" and then "Yes". Then go to "General Settings" and match the laptops and TV's resolution and refresh rate. I recommend upping the resolution of the laptop to it safe max, but lowering the TV's resolution to match the laptop's could work too. Now that the laptops resolution matches the TV's, unplug the HDMI cable and try to connect with Bluetooth. I don't know how to fix the Bluetooth problem but I think that the resolution of the two being drastically different might have been part of the problem of the video not displaying. I don't really know what I'm doing but t worked for me so hopefully this works for you too!

2 Posts

July 4th, 2020 02:00

Thank you, KK, for your involvement. The thing is I found the solution yesterday... and it consists in disconnecting the tv from WIFI... the laptop connects instantly to the qled AFTER I have disconnected it from WIFI... It is not a convenient solution since connecting back the qled means to re-enter the password... which is annoying and pretty difficult by remote-control... however, it works... so, If I need to make a presentation now I have the means. Additionally, I must say, the live connection is much better comparing with a Chromecast one... that's it! Issue solved! Hallelujah!

No Events found!