Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 4th, 2008 02:00

unable to access w/wireless card

We have an Inspiron 2200 w/ Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI Card.  We have a Belkin wireless router.  Both our other computers have Belkin PCI cards and they are both still working fine.  Until yesterday, we had no problem accessing the internet with the Dell at all.  All the sudden, we have no signal to the Dell.  I can hardwire it into the router and it works fine.

I went to the Network Connection Wizard and tried to set it up again, but it says "No wireless networks are found in range.  Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on." 

I'm not able to find a "wireless switch" either externally or internally on this computer.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should do to try to get this thing wireless again?

I will appreciate any information I can get!!

28K Posts

May 4th, 2008 02:00

Have you tried using the Fn F2 key combination to toggle on and off the wireless radio?

Steve

May 9th, 2008 22:00

Yes, I did try that but it was not successful in restoring the internet access.  I was on the phone with Belkin tech support for quite some time before finally getting back up.  Not sure exactly what or how but at least it works now!  Belkin does have good, free tech support for their products.  At least for the ones we have!!

Case Closed!

No Events found!