Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 15th, 2015 03:00

wi fi Fluctuating signal and extremely slow

I very recently purchased the Dell Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop with the Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 however i have noticed that the connection to the Wi-Fi in my home when using wireless is extremely slow and the signal bar fluctuates from 1 bar to 5 and often just disconnects. The wireless adapter works fine when i am right next to the router. when i go to next room laptop do not connect to the wi fi but my old laptop connect to the same range with speed.

I feel that this is not a problem with the router or my Wi-Fi in my home because the laptop i used prior to buying this one worked perfectly and other laptops in the house also get full bars of connection and high speeds in my room however my laptop does not. 

I have tried updating drivers which say they are already up to date, i have run the dell troubleshoot which has made no difference.

I noticed that my Wi-fi was not working properly just within few days of my purchase. I have contacted the Dell support center several times and long, tedious, unfruitful discussion on problem and solutions were discussed. Dell, then sent a technician who changed the Wi-Fi card. Still the problem persists. then I talk to DTS for problem they told me we forward mail with this issue and we call back from our replace team then replace team call and told me this holi festival we are busy and we try call back from dell support team. then next day i called to Dell support team, Dell Support team who tell he is senior officer and main boss who don't talk respectively and bad behavior.The support staff were not at all co-operative and completely failed to solve the problem.I study online regarding my engineering course so I must need internet support for that. Because of that I urgentlly purchase the dell laptop and now I face this type of problems from the date of purchase. So solve this problem because of your inquiry and the trouble shooting problem to take three month and still problem persists.
After i send mail to dell then As per telephonic discussion with DTS, I submitted my laptop to the Dell service centre. But my laptop facing same issue. After that I called the DELL exlavation team for this issue but he didn't respond and told me your intel WiFi card is very advance, it may not be compatible with your router. and it's not dell laptop issue it's intel wi fi card issue. That is very illogical answer beacause there are 15 more laptop are connected to the same router and getting full speed and only my laptop doesn't getting that wi fi speed and range issue thats not the outside problem but laptop inside problem. Dell said there is a Advance intel wi fi card does not support the basic router then what is the use of that. He also suggested me to change the router. after that i change the router but same issue come again and again. Every time he told me you didn't understand me. People in DELL execlavation team are not cooperative mainly  I am facing the problems since Three and half month of my purchase.

1.8K Posts

April 17th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

I'm sorry for the problems you've had with that card and the support agents.   I would second what they said though that the card may not be compatible with older routers.  Have you tried to update the firmware with your router?  Newer cards may use protocols that are not compatible with some models and versions of older routers.   Some router manufacturers have updated the firmware for their hardware to adjust for the changing software requirements, but others may not have.  I would recommend going to the support pages for your routers and see if they have any updated firmware that you can install on it.

Otherwise, you may want to try a USB attached wireless adapter and see if that helps resolve the problem. Unfortunately, as wireless technology evolves, sometimes older hardware is no longer viable.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and I hope your local Dell Tech group is able to help you figure out a resolution to the issue.

Todd

7 Posts

April 19th, 2015 15:00

i try many router and portable hotspot device but no difference and i written in my problem i change the router try in new router. simple logical thing if compatibility issue than why if i try the closest distance to router than give me speed. Mr.TODDs  at every place it doesn't possible to closest distance to router.

this types of suggested solution dell give to customers now,Otherwise, you may want to try a USB attached wireless adapter and see if that helps resolve the problem. Unfortunately, as wireless technology evolves, sometimes older hardware is no longer viable.

#worst #service #dell

1.8K Posts

April 21st, 2015 11:00

Hello,

I'm sorry if my response offended you.  I was trying to come up with creative ideas to help you out, as your wireless connection seems vital to you.  

It could also be an issue with your antennas in your system, or the power going to the wireless card causing it to not perform up to expectations.  There are a wide variety of causes that match your issue.  I would recommend working again with Dell's Tech Support agents to see if they can pin down the cause of the problem.

Todd

7 Posts

April 24th, 2015 02:00

#very #poor #support #from [tag:dell] 

dell tech support said never compare any other laptop. That meas dell have to close their company.

so why customer buy dell laptop? give any one reason? dell have to give reason for that. 

3 Posts

May 9th, 2015 14:00

Todd,

Could you please respond to this thread? Nobody from Dell has provided any answer:

en.community.dell.com/.../19589278

Thanks

mlavie

7 Posts

May 9th, 2015 14:00

@mlavie

todd,

todd not solve any problem. todd was trying to come up with creative ideas to help you out, as your wireless connection seems vital to you. and also told me if you read in reply buy nano wireless adapter.

this types of creative ideas to dell solve the problem of  50,000 INR laptop.

todd,

give solution of that link on mlavie link i have same issue. 

7 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 05:00

Wi-Fi speed rate in router 150 Mbps speed set but this particular laptop catch  and show in wireless properties 54 Mbps.??
and fluctuating to 1.1 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 5 Mbps no any ones laptop have fluctuating this type of speed and never show right range of network show only full range. In all place even in your PC not fluctuating this type of speed and all laptop show 150 Mbps or 65 Mbps or 72.2 Mbps(new). transfer rate of speed. if it's router problem than 2nd laptop(in pic) also have to same problem like this dell laptop 5547 but other laptop not fluctuating speed i tried its in another 3 laptop. now 'please' solve my problem. now  please don't ignore this kindly solve this issue. 55kb size required

No Events found!