Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2011 18:00

wifi Dell D610 windows 7

I installed windows 7, everything is fine except for wireless device. it is not recognized.

How can I install? which driver of wireless device is compatible with win7?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 16th, 2011 07:00

which wifi card do you have?  are you sure you have one?

3 Posts

March 16th, 2011 08:00

yes  I have installed R151517 - Dell Wireless WLAN card, but it doesn't work. I tried with many others but all are the same. I have to use cable, it is very complicated Please help me

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 16th, 2011 09:00

ongdoxn,

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Rick

3 Posts

March 16th, 2011 14:00

Thanks for reply sir,

I have a DVD , I followed steps as shown.

Actually I am just amateur

I installed on 32 bit, win 7 ultimate

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 16th, 2011 15:00

ongdoxn,

The desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers have the needed drivers for the attached devices for your system. NOT installing them first will cause the rest of the drivers to fail to install. USB Ports, webcams, wireless devices are just a few of these devices.

Do you have everything you need? What do you see in the device manager?

Rick

3 Posts

September 2nd, 2017 01:00

Were you able to get this fixed?

3 Posts

November 20th, 2019 23:00

iMickey503 here!  

Okay so lets get this fixed now. 

So you need drivers?   Not a Problem. 

First  Get your but over to the Dell D-610 page of dell.   Its here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-d610/drivers

Now it lists ALL your drivers RIGHT HERE!  

OMG! 

Its NOT A MAC!  It can BE FIXED! -Louis RossmanIts NOT A MAC! It can BE FIXED! -Louis Rossman

Next.   

What the dude above said about installing the drivers.   IT IS VERY   VERY important to install the CHIPSET DRIVERS FIRST.  

When you get in to Windows, its going to tell you that you are missing  about 4 drivers.   That would be the Audio drivers, the chipset, and the Wifi.  

Now if you don't know jack about what you are doing?  Then go to your local Community college, and find some smelly college kid.   He knows old hardware!     (this is being written at the tail end of 2019 so...)    

For those that just can't make friends or happen to not want to deal with people,  you can just use the Intel Driver utility.  

There are places you can go to get the Images of the Dell OEM builds or Cd's.That up to you to find or take the risks for the ones that are on the web.    

Again,  the Network Card will work.   Plug it in,  fire up the browser,   download chrome or firefox and head over to Windows update or the intel driver utility to have it all done for you. 

i HOPE this helps!   

If anyone needs drivers, make sure to  check out Linus Tech TIps forum, or others out there that keep these old laptops going. 

HAVE A GOOD ONE! 

iMickey503 

1 Message

February 22nd, 2020 00:00

wifi connecting issue i have faced on my dell laptop after following above methods its working now.

No Events found!