Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 07:00

wifi network adapters

On my 3521 I have the same problem as many others with intermittent wifi connectivity. I my attempts to fix it I inadvertently deleted the driver for the first (Dell) network adapter and it now does not appear in Device Manager. Only the Realtek one is there.

Firstly how can I get it back?

Secondly is there a fix to get wifi to work reliably. Has Dell ever provided a solution?

Many Thanks for your help

1.8K Posts

July 1st, 2015 10:00

Hello,

You can download missing drivers and apps from our Dell Support Pages.   Input your service tag and the system will take you to the downloads page appropriate for your model.   

When you say the "first (Dell) network adapter, are you referring to the wireless adapter?   It not, and you're using the Intel wireless card option you may find that downloading the latest driver for the Intel card may help resolve connectivity issues.   Not sure if we have the latest driver on our support sites yet or not (look for a version 17.xx driver ) but you can find it on the Intel Download and Support pages.   

If you're still have connection problems you may want to take a look at the Dell Network and Wireless Support Center for help in resolving those issues.

Todd

4 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 02:00

Hi there

I am in the same trouble with my 3543

Try to install the Network_Driver_40MT1_WN_10.0.0.293_A00

And it finishing with the massage: Installation unsuccessful.

I have installed all the necessary driver from the Dell support page.

Everything works well except the WiFi.

Please let me know, how can I solve this proble.

Thanks in advance!

George

4 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 23:00

I have bought an USB Wireles adapter, that works perfectly now!  :emotion-1:

4 Posts

Product ID: HMB5932

4 Posts

1 Message

July 3rd, 2015 18:00

I have problem in my dell XPS 15. The same internet is working fine on my dell inspirion mini with Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter but not working in XPS 15 with Killer Wireless-N 1202.

Please help out ot solve it. I am able to access internet and having problem in my daily works,

Thank you.

No Events found!