Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 16th, 2008 11:00

wireless card disappeared!gone!where is it?

hi everybody,
i have a dell inspiron 6400/E1505 and since 3 weeks my laptop can't find or reach or whatever the wireless card.
i was used to use it normally without any problem until i lost it.
now the laptop can't detecte the card i guess.. Fn+F2 doesn't work(works for bluetooth),and when you type devmgmt.msc in run , no wireless network adapter in the Device Manager window list.
could you plz help me?
thanks

January 17th, 2008 19:00

hi,
Even i have the same problem with my Inspiron 6400, the wireless card have disappeared from the device manager, at the same time the bluetooth is working fine . Please help me on this.

6 Posts

January 18th, 2008 07:00

yes plz... i have no idea about what's happening, somebody could help us plz?

28K Posts

January 18th, 2008 13:00

If the drivers are not installed or have become corrupt, then Windows won't recognize the wireless adapter and it won't show up in Device Manager!

Look at your original system invoice to determine which wireless adapter you have.  I can't point you to the correct drivers without knowing what you have.

Steve

28K Posts

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the wireless network adapter?  Which wireless network adapter do  you have?  Which version of Windows are you running?

Steve

the OS is Vista and I havent tried re installing the driver, but can that be the case because the wireless adaptor hardware doesnt appear on the device manager. I am not pretty sure about the type of wireless adaptor, it came bundled with the laptop when i purchased that . 

6 Posts

January 18th, 2008 14:00

i have xp.
my wireless adapter is dell wireless wlan card..that's all i know about it..

here i see that i have dell wireless... and not the pro one

28K Posts

January 18th, 2008 14:00

On a computer with a working connection, go to the following site and download the driver.  Get this to the problem computer and run the file to install the drivers:

Steve

6 Posts

January 21st, 2008 08:00

mr steve,
 i have allready tried this and i retried right now and it doesn't work .
the installation is done but nothing happens still the same problem.
thanks,
how shell i proceed now?

January 21st, 2008 08:00

Even i too tried the same , but itsnt working .. going nuts !!!!

28K Posts

January 21st, 2008 12:00

Look in the MiniCard slot to see if the card may have worked itself loose.  See the following:

Steve

6 Posts

January 25th, 2008 14:00

hi steve,

i did it.
i took the card out and reput it back,i also reverified the cables passing through the moniteur.
it's working now,thanks for all your efforts!!!
take care, i hope that i will have no more problems.

28K Posts

January 25th, 2008 18:00

Great!  It's always good to know that the problem has been solved.

Steve

1 Message

July 18th, 2010 19:00

This worked for me too! After 2 years of troubleshooting, downloading drivers, etc..... You finally helped me, you really really helped me! Thank you!

No Events found!