Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 3rd, 2006 00:00

wireless card? latitude c610

Hello,
   I have purchased a Dell Latitude C610.  After doing a clean install of Windows XP pro, all drivers load correctly except for a network controller.  I have been unable to find a driver, even on the dell support site.  Is this an internal wireless card?  The only network card present in the Hardware profile is the NIC.  Please help.

jhartss

28K Posts

August 3rd, 2006 01:00

28K Posts

To see which wireless card your computer shipped with, click on the Technical Support link at the top of the forum, then click on the Original Configuration link on the page that loads.  Enter your Service Tag number then click on the Original Configuration tab.

Steve

4 Posts

Thanks,
   I tried that and it does not list one but when i opened up the computer i found what appeared to be a BCM94318MPG Broadcom adapter.  Now i just can't find the drivers.

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2006 02:00

I tried that driver and it didnt work.  Just to refresh...I did a clean XP install and this is the only hardware problem I am having,  Furthermore, in the hardware configuration, it doesn't list a wireless adapter, it just lists a network controller. 

28K Posts

August 3rd, 2006 03:00

Did you install the chipset drivers before attempting to install any other device drivers.  Windows cannot properly recognize or install drivers for many devices unless the chipset drivers are present.  Thus, they must be installed first.

Steve

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2006 12:00

In the hardware config.  the chipset drivers seem to be fine.  Well, I see no configuration problems with them.  Or I should say that windows does not recognize any confilcts with them.  Ill give it a shot though. 
No Events found!