Highlighted

wireless printing trouble

This is driving me crazy - especially as I'm self-employed - hope someone can help emoticon.Crying.title

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop and a Dell AIO photo 948 printer with a wireless adapter - designed to make my life easier - i hoped!  Everything has been sucessfully installed for sometime but lately my printer is failing to print. The pop up screen starts of, the status bar starts off and if i'm lucky i'll get one page printing then it just stops and fails to print anymore. My network connection and signal are fine. Help! What can i do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LA1
2 Iron

Re: wireless printing trouble

Try printing using a usb cable to test to see if it is the printer

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: wireless printing trouble

mummy2oneofeach,

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java 

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.(This printer can be used wirelessly if the printer has the wireless card)

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) untiul it prompts you to restart yopur computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos