RKoreto
1 Copper

968w wireless scanning

I can print fine from the above printer wirelessly. No problem at all. But when I scan, I get an error message saying it can't find the scan applications on my computer. I reloaded the printer software. I rebooted the computer and printer. Nothing. Dell tells me the warranty has expired and the service cost is almost the cost of a new printer! Any ideas beyond what I've already done?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: 968w wireless scanning

RKoreto,

Try following the instructions below and everything should install for you. Let me know what happens.

First make sure your computer has all the Windows updates. I have the custom ones too, especially the new framework(Needed to run many applications). Also make sure to have the latest Java. Since you didn't mention how the printer's connected, here the basic instructions for this printer.

Disconnect your printer. 

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

I recommend using these  Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get everything to communicate correctly. I have DHCP enabled on my wireless router. I assigned my printer an ip address at the high end of my ip address. (Example: my printer ip address is 192.168.1.149) All the other computer get assigned an ip address automatically. 

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the 968 printer, must be connected with USB Cable to do so.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos