Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

June 10th, 2010 06:00

A/C adapters and warranty coverage

Are the A/C adapters shipped with the laptops under the same warranty as the laptop?

I called last night to get the a/c adapter for an Inspiron 1545. I have two laptops one of which whose warranty  The tech I spoke with said that this would be taken care of under warranty.

I log into my account today and see that I was charged $73 and change for the adapter.

The ticket was opened up using the service code for the laptop still within warranty.

2.3K Posts

October 17th, 2017 22:00

Hi chakri,

Please repost this in the Customer Care forum for help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/

9.4K Posts

June 10th, 2010 08:00

Michael,

Sorry you are having difficulties with your power adapter.  It should be covered for the length of the warranty.  If you would send me a private message by clicking my name in blue, then on the next page click the envelope icon that says "send message", and I'll see what I can do.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

11 Posts

June 10th, 2010 09:00

Message sent.  Let me know if you need any additional information.

Fortunately this was billed against my Dell preferred account. :emotion-2:

Thank you !

9.4K Posts

June 11th, 2010 07:00

Currently working with customer to resolve this issue offline.

-Robert

1 Message

February 8th, 2012 06:00

Hi 

I have E6510 with 3-year warranty. I have a problem with my power adapter. I called the customer support it is not covered in the warranty, It this true?

9.4K Posts

February 10th, 2012 05:00

Hi 

I have E6510 with 3-year warranty. I have a problem with my power adapter. I called the customer support it is not covered in the warranty, It this true?

Hi Haberdar,

Sorry you are having problems with your power adapter, in the USA the power adapter is covered for the same amount of time as the computer.   If you did not purchase your computer in the US, there may be different rules in your country.

Regards,
Robert

ref 20848901

3 Posts

April 16th, 2012 21:00

Hi,

I have a Dell-Studio XPS 16 with a 2 year warranty. I'm about 79 days away from it expiring, AKA I'm still under warranty, and recently, my ac power adapter broke. I was wondering whether or not my ac power adapter is covered by the warranty. According to the post above, I'm assuming the answer is yes it is? (I live in California and it was purchased in CA too) Can anyone confirm this information? As I can't find anything anywhere that tells me the details of the warranty coverage; simply vague descriptions. 

Thanks.

Bests,

Cong Chen

9.4K Posts

April 17th, 2012 10:00

Hi Cong Chen,

Yes your power adapter is covered for the warranty period of the computer.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page, click the envelope icon that says "start conversation", and send me your information.  Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

ref 21333534

1 Message

March 25th, 2013 19:00

I am having the same problem with my dell XPS 15, where the power cord works only when set up in a particular position. It is still within the 1 year warranty perion, I've called customer support and they say that power cord is not covered under the warranty. Can you please help me with it?

9.4K Posts

March 27th, 2013 07:00

Kkumarb,

Sorry you are having problems with your computer.  If you will follow the instructions in the post above yours, I'll be glad to see what I can do to assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

9.4K Posts

March 27th, 2013 09:00

Kkumarb,

Sorry you are having problems with your computer.  If you will follow the instructions in the post above yours, I'll be glad to see what I can do to assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Update:  Customer contacted me privately and we are working to resolve their issue.

-Robert

Ref: 25532588

1 Message

October 17th, 2017 19:00

Hi,

I am chakri, I have a purchased a laptop in the last December. Unfortunately the power adapter stopped working. Can i avail the warranty in India if i purchased the laptop in US. Thank you for the help.

Best,

Chakravarthy

9.4K Posts

October 23rd, 2017 04:00

Thread locked due to age and has become off topic.

No Events found!