Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2009 13:00

AIO 922 Printer

I am constantly getting an error message on the color cartridge to say that the cartridge is missing. I have powered down from the wall and removed the power flock and have reseated the cartridges on several occasions. I have also tried another color cartridge ( the empty one that this one replaced) but get the same message. Could anyone please give advice. Do I need to buy another color cartridge becuase the sensor on this is faulty?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 4th, 2009 15:00

SOakes,

Can you print something when you lay it on the glass. Color and B&W? These are Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, correct?

Open the printer with the power on and remove the Dell Series 5 black ink cartridge and make sure the tape is off the cartridge, then reseat the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge. Now when you close the printer, it should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them and cannot be refilled. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges They can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's website.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

No Events found!