Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2010 10:00

Appalling Customer Service

I really do not think I have ever had a worse "customer support" experience than the one ive had from Dell. The Firm I work for use Dell machines throught the infrastructure and the fact that we are now switching to different provider says it all really.

However, that being said, as I had used them in past and had no real issues so the thought  hadnt crossed my mind that I might end up in the growing number of unsatisfied users.

How wrong was I. :emotion-40:

I orginally placed an order for Sony LCD Tv and Blu Ray package online on the 20th Aug with ship time on site displaying 24hrs....its now been over a month and there is still no sign of my order.

At the time of speaking (typing :emotion-2: my order still shows as EDD of 25th Aug ( with no tracking number and still shows as WORK IN PROGRESS)

I first became concerned when Dell stopped sending me emails to inform me of new delivery date (this was after the 3rd time they had changed the date) and talking to Customer Service on the phone was another thing altogether. I was treated as if I was somehow bothering them with my simple question of when they are expecting delivery from external vendor so they can fulfill my order. On more than one occasion I was placed on hold without any notification and then transferred back to queue, and even transferred to another dept completely (tech support) all so they wouldnt have to "deal" with my issue. They even tried to tell me they were still building my machine!!! it was a TV i ordered!!!

Are these calls even recorded or checked by management? as surely their would be call quality issues by the thousands, if my experience is anything to go by.

Email support has been a little bit better but now they have gone to ground and will not respond to my emails.

This whole situation is compounded by the fact that the website still shows it as in stock and ships within 24hrs. I even entered CHAT with sales rep and they informed me it is in stock and should have it in 2-3 days

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=A3850288

Is there any other route open to me to have a sensible reply from Dell? these forums were my last hope. Im pretty sure this wont help either but if it informs other users over the the potential pit falls when ordering thro Dell then maybe it will.

August 25th, 2010 12:00

I suspect some companies have cut their inventories to the bone and are relying on computer projections to fill orders, not actual inventory.  If the projection is off, the FTC requires them to tell you about the delay and give you an opportunity to cancel the order.  Of course, you've already tied time and money up in the Dell order, so you may not cancel.  I'd talk the the FTC about the business practice if I were going to waste more time with Dell. 

What a coincidence!  About 10 minutes ago I told a Dell manager I had had the worst customer service experience in my life and would never deal with Dell again.  And all over a $30 replacement battery for a Dim 3000.  I'm just a small but long-time customer, and I'm sure the offshore support model is working wonders for Dell financially.  But it doesn't work for me.  Good luck to you loyal Dell customers who stick around.  I've resisted the Mac mystique for a long time, but I'm definitely giving in now and going with Apple.  It's worth the extra money.  I imagine I would see a lot of these posts if I stuck around, but I can't afford to mess with Dell any longer. 

3 Posts

How they can continue to operate with this level of "support" is beyond me. You have to wonder what kind of training they go through as there doesnt appear to be any level of accountability nor is there any escalation routes.

They dont even offer the normal call center appologies or sympathetic tone they siimply hang up or blind transfer you to another dept

admittedly the email support is a tad better, but that really wouldnt be hard.

all I wanted was some information on my order and that was enough for them to hang up. Its now left me with no option but to cancel...which should be fun trying to do judging by some other comments on these forums

(and on another note why isnt there a dedicated forum for issues like these? no doubt they would be swarmed)

3 Posts

August 26th, 2010 07:00

Thanks Robert

Ive sent you msg

9.4K Posts

pbroph10,

Sorry that your TV order was delayed.  If you can send me a private message with your order information by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page click the envelope icon that says  "send message", I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist.   Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

9.4K Posts

Billy Glad,

Sorry that you are having battery troubles with your Dimension 3000.  If you could please send me your information in a private message by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page click the envelope icon that says "send message", I'll be happy to see what I can do to assist you.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!