Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2009 12:00

Asked to buy an NBD by Dell China and was later told not needed

Hi,

I bought a refurb Latitude XT for a friend in China early 2009. Unfortunately, the screen of the machine went down quickly after I sent it to my friend. He called Dell rep in China and was first asked to buy a NBD service from Dell US and transfer the ownership to China to get serviced. 

I bought the NBD here and did the transfer for him and he called Dell China again. This time the rep said that no matter what kind of NBD or any other service you bought they would not work on any Dell purchased in US.

My friend tried to call for the several times later, and he finally got a rep know how things work. He was told that the US NBD is for sure not needed and all he has to do is just buy a cheap service from Dell China to get help. He did so and the issue was addressed on the next morning.

I know this might be nothing related to Dell US, but I would still love to know if it is possible to ask for a refund for the NBD service I bought since it was totally not useful for me and my friend and we were misguided by some reps in China to purchase it.

Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!