Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

July 27th, 2018 12:00

Banned without even posting yet

Hi, 

This is my first post. I signed in last week after getting my Dell laptop. Today I went in to hopefully read and browse the forums but I get a message saying I'm banned from the site. I don't understand how this happened as I haven't even done anything yet. I'm using my phone now to post this as I was surprised when I accessed the forum through my phone I can enter. Laptop still doesn't allow me and still gives the same message that I'm banned. Any help on this, guys?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 28th, 2018 04:00

Check it on someone else system, if it works then there is issue 

- I'm not expert just giving advice

3 Posts

July 28th, 2018 06:00

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll bring my laptop over the weekend somewhere and try on a different WiFi and also use someone else's laptop for comparison

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 28th, 2018 07:00

I am looking at your user page now. Your Forum user account is not banned. Go to the laptop. Open the browser that you used to log into the Forum. Delete all browser history, delete personal settings, delete all cached, reset the browser to Defaults. Close the browser when done. Then re-open it and try to log into the Forum.

3 Posts

July 30th, 2018 01:00

Hi Chris,

I did as you mentioned. Here's what happened. I took screenshots just in case.I got in and signed in as you can see on the upper rightI got in and signed in as you can see on the upper right

Here's your reply to my post. Still signed inHere's your reply to my post. Still signed in

Clicked reply then there it isClicked reply then there it is

I'm on my phone again using data so I can show what transpired on my laptop

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 30th, 2018 05:00

OK. Email sent to the Forum software team.

No Events found!