Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2010 19:00

Cancel Order

Hey I ordered an Alienware M17x laptop, but it has recently moved into production but due to unforseen circumstances I really need to cancel it. Can anyone help me cancel my order? Please? Thanks

7 Posts

January 21st, 2010 20:00

I am in the same situation, there is nothing you can do. NOTHING. That's what you get from order from Dell.

6 Posts

January 21st, 2010 22:00

Well... what do you expect, it was your responsibility to make sure you understood the terms and conditions before you hit checkout, you should of read what the cancel requirements were. The reason you cannot cancel once it has gone into production, is simply regular business practices. You placed an order, and Dell has spent time and effort finding the correct parts and software needed for your order, you cant just stop the process when it's in the middle of it...

Think of it like flying on an airplane, you can refund your ticket once you're already halfway through the flight...

Once you receive your laptop you have 30 days or so to return it.

7 Posts

January 21st, 2010 22:00

wrong because halfway through a flight you are using the actual product, in this case a service. According to cancel requirements, you cannot cancel once the status is "in production" but once Dell sends the actual order confirmation the order is already "in production". Now you tell me, if you purchase plane tickets and the order confirmation comes through can you still cancel it?

No Events found!