dcblueman
1 Nickel

Re: Community Site Update - Jan 6

Is anyone addressing the functionality of the search?

Why did this forum go so far backward with the lack of advanced search?  To me, and for many users, the advanced search was a great way to reduce the huge number of answers generated when looking for solutions.  Also, it was very helpful to have many items on one page where you could browse the topics without having to slog through the entire post.

I know that Dell doesn't care, but I won't be buying any more of their products.  I was hoping that Dell would respond to this abomination with some real fixes but we keep on getting the same attitude that Dell is right and the customer is wrong--a great way for a consumer oriented business to become irrelevant.

DC

0 Kudos
ctalia4000
4 Ruthenium

I am having a problem getting into this forum with a computer running Windows XP SP3. I have tried many, many things no go. My other computer running Vista  is not having any problems. 

I am looking for a few answers to this problem.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

A bit more rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, isn't it?

0 Kudos
Not_easy
1 Nickel

Bev,

I have been wondering about this too.  I would like to post my picture (My Wheaten Terrier's picture actually, as he is much cuter looking than me.  However, everytime I try to edit my bio or change the default picture, a screen pops up with this so-helpful message:

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Is there some secret code that I am supposed to know about in order to edit my profile/picture?

Craig

Mr. Wheaten

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rebel9
5 Tungsten

Hi osprey4,

"A bit more rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, isn't it?"

No - I don't think they're even doing that. It's amazing how many of the senior posters have abandoned the ship isn't it? It's really sad to see how Dell has let this once very useful tool degenerate into the state it is today. But perhaps if these forums are no longer useful, then users will be forced to adopt Dell's "pay for support" model. But hey - the site does look pretty doesn't it? Oh - have I said that before? Now let's see how many attempts it takes to post this!

OK - scratch the first attempt (but it's at the TOP OF THE LIST - apparently for two months now - of "problems" that need to be addressed!)

hrova
5 Rhenium

Well, yeah, the font size may be bigger, but that has casued the problem of the page not fitting on the monitor so it now requires scrolling to the right.

There is enough blank / wasted space on the left column that this should not be an issue. Yes, it is minor compared to the posting problems, but an issue nonetheless.

I certainly don't want anyome thinking the small changes made things all better. They created another problem.

Community Member Since 2003

0 Kudos
Rebel9
5 Tungsten

Craig,

"Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too."

Many of us have been dealing with this nonsense since the inception of this "new and improved" forum. It goes on and on and on and on and ..................................... etc. and Dell keeps telling us that fixing these problems are "at the top of the list".

And no - there is no "secret code" that you have to know in order to do anything on this site. The site is BROKEN (and has been since it launched), it's SLOW, it's not functional, it's more "fluff" than substance - and Dell doesn't seem to care. But it does look pretty !!! BONUS.

Can you imagine ANY other company "going live" with a product such as this???

0 Kudos
Rebel9
5 Tungsten

hrova,

"I certainly don't want anyome thinking the small changes made things all better. They created another problem."

But DELL tells us that this a "new and improved" forum. It must be we (the users) who simply can't appreciate all of the wonderful benefits of this "improved" aberration ??

0 Kudos
joe53
5 Osmium

I have to give credit where it is due, and this new font and size sure is easier on my old eyes. No scrolling to the right needed here.

Thanks, Dell, for the small mercies.

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 7/sp1 (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 3.x Premium, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Same protection plus Windows Defender AV.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos
dcblueman
1 Nickel

Doesn't Dell get it?

This site B...L...O...W...S...!!!

oh, wait, they do....they just don't care!

0 Kudos