Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2009 11:00

Complaint About DELL

Hi,

Well I do not know if this is the right place for my thread but I would like to know the best people to speak to about the disgusting customer service that is provided by dell I had a simple querey that could have been answered very quickly but every person I spoe to decided they did not want to deal with me and wanted to pass me off to another department where I had to give my details again and again.  I hav been promised various call backs which have not been kept and also a manager called pavan promised to call me back in 1 hour and has not even bothered doing so.  I feel I am hitting my head against a brick wall and I am sick and tired of having to py for phone calls to dell to be put on hold and passed to people who can not be bothered to help me.  The worse thing is that I have not even recieved the laptop yet.

Richard

5 Posts

July 1st, 2009 12:00

You can speak to anyone you want to about Dell's miserable customer service, however the only people who care are other disgusted former Dell customers.  NO ONE at Dell cares about customer service, never have, never will.

There are some things you can do to make this whole process easier:  First and foremost, you must realize that no matter what they say, no one working for Dell is ever going to call you back.  Secondly you can use the "live chat" support instead of telephone support.  The overseas out-outsourced people working the live chat can't actually help you, but neither can the overseas out-sourced people working the phone lines.  The advantages of using chat are that they can't "accidentally" disconnect you and you have a record of exactly what you were told and by whom.  (Also the people working chat actually tend to have better English language skills than the people working the phone lines).

July 1st, 2009 21:00

Hi Richard.  I've got the same issues with Dell Support.  I have been waiting on an exchange system for 3 weeks and every time I call/chat I am given conflicting information about my replacement system.  Since June 9th, I've been told to expect my system in "7-10 days".  On two occasions I was told that it had already been shipped when, in fact, it had not.  In the last 21 days I've spoken/chatted with reps on at least 7 separate occasions and each time was passed on to a different department where no one seemed to know what was going on with my system. When I did get information, it was always different from what previous reps had told me.  Although I'd give my contact information to every rep I spoke with, it never failed that the next rep would have the wrong information - if any at all.  I've been promised to get call backs since June 8th, when my system died, but have yet to receive even one.  

I was told on Friday that my system had been shipped that day - in a phone call I initiated.  They did not have the tracking information available and asked that I call back in a few days for it.  I called on Sunday and was told there was still no tracking information, but reassured me that it had been shipped on Friday with an expected delivery date of July 3rd.  I chatted this morning with a rep who told me my system was still "in production"!  A supervisor came on and gave me the same script the previous supervisors gave me: "I will be personally in charge of your order" and "I will call you tomorrow to update you on the progress" and "I assure you this is not the way Dell Customer Support operates" and "You are a valued customer", etc.  

I don't understand how so many representatives can give me wrong information time and time again.  A misunderstanding every once in a while I can accept. However, this was not a one time occurrence that information was wrong, it has been constant since my machine died 3 weeks ago.  In every conversation with Dell reps (sometimes 3 or 4 per call) I was misled (even flat-out lied to) as to the status of my order. The last supervisor promised to call me tomorrow and I believe I will tell him to keep his system because I don't want it anymore.

I would definitely recommend that you utilize the chat session whenever possible as you will have a better record of your conversations with the reps.  I have several emails of the chat logs that prove I was given wrong and conflicting information. The last supervisor told me he was arranging a phone call from the "highest escalation" - whatever that means, but I fear that there isn't anyone we could contact that will be able to help us deal with this disgusting customer service.  This experience has been enough to turn me off of Dell completely.  If this is the way I'm treated one week into ownership, I'd rather go somewhere else.

I hope your situation is resolved with as little frustration as possible, but knowing Dell I fear it is only the beginning.  Good luck, nonetheless.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2009 08:00

I bet no one here questions why Dell has stopped claiming "award winning customer service" in their ads! God, REALLY!! how can they continue to stay in business treating the customers as nothing more than a nuisence?? Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Posts

August 10th, 2009 10:00

here is what a tech who came to service my dead three month old 530s system.  the folks who answer the phone at the technical support line bill Dell by the minute. the longer and the more often they contact you the more $$ they bill Dell; therefore it is in their best interest to keep things in limbo.

28 Posts

August 12th, 2009 01:00

Welcome to the not so wonderful H*ll of Dell Customer Service. Yesterday, I spent over 3hrs talking to 15 reps without any resolution.  They're rude, unprofessional liars.  They were no help and then wanted to give ME grief because THEY spelled my name wrong.  I have already called and corrected it, but they still have it wrong.  From what I see, Dell has no intention of doing anything about the complaints.  I'm complaining to the Better Business Bureau.  I work in customer service and would be FIRED for the things they pull.

Just a question.  Were your reps from India too?  Or are there other reps in other countries?

4 Posts

August 12th, 2009 05:00

yes, they were.  but i will tell you that i did warn them that i was filing a complaint with the local attor ney general's office and i called their attempts to inflate billable hours embezzlement.  i received a replacment system yesterday that had been overnighted Monday.

2 Posts

September 5th, 2009 12:00

I have been a loyal dell customer for years. I actually always had great experience until recently when I had a problem and had to get in contact  with their support. services. I recently purchase a new lab top from dell and it's been a nightmare since I received it.  It never works well  so I am constantly calling  dell customer and tech service which is the worse. First of all I can't understand what they are saying. After 3-4 hours of trying to resolve my many issues I still get no where. I was assigned an individual by the name of Saran who never returns my calls and is no help so I contacted tech support.  I finally get someone who can help after 3-4 hours of trying, taking time away from my new born and 5 year old son.  I am now exhaused  I have already had it replaced once and everytime I chat with or call support they tell me to do the recovery cleanup and that only helps for a short while then it starts messing up again. I called customer service because I had contacted Tech support so many times and they keep telling me the same things that don't work. I explained to them that I give Dell alot of business and even have a small business  where I bought many pc's and servers from dell. The million customer service rep I spoke to that night said that she would transfer me to tech support. When I told her I've been there a millions times in the last week she said she would send me over but stay on the line and explain my issue which she never did. After being on hold for 30 minutes I was hung up on this happen several times. I wanted to contact the coporate office to let them know that they lost a customer that spends alot of money with them every year and when I told them that they only laughed and said do what I want. Dell already lost a loyal customer but I wanted to at least let someone know at corporate support that this has happened so it doesn't happen to someone else.  I've only had this computer for a month and the first week I was told to get my item fix I would have to pay, I just payed over $800 for this computer I am spending nothing else.  When I ask to speak with someone in the US they told me I have to pay. When I ask for any help I am told I have to pay I just brought this computer and believe me I am paying alot but I promise you I will never pay for another Dell. Buy a Mac or a computer that actually work.  Dell take advantage of their good customers . I finally asked to speak to a manager at the customer service and instead of trying to help me when i told  him about my problem he said what do I expect it's a machine it breaks, I understand that but it's suppose to work and not be broken when I receive it and people who is suppose to help me should help and no put me on hold forever, make excuses, and pass me around like a bowl.  I am so disappointed at Dell and I want the world to know thier customer service is the worse and is no service at all and I promise you that all my business associates, clients, staff, family and anyone with an ear will know about my experience with dell.

October 9th, 2009 18:00

Ok so We purchased a Dell computer last year. only to have it crash a month after we got it. It then took us 4 months to actually get it running again. Now recently we moved to a new place. the computer was working fine when we moved. Got to the new house set up computer and what do you know wasnt working. So yesterday we were on the phone for 4 hours trying to get it fixed. They finally fixed it but now today we found out they double charged us. Now we are on the phone with dell for a hour and half trying to get the money credited back to us. They are trying to tell us 7-10 days before they can send it.
If this Customer Service. ?????

1 Message

October 11th, 2009 14:00

I don't no why but Dell has given up on Canada.

My next order if I do order with Dell will be with the Dell USA.

I talked to Dell USA and I can actually understand who I am talking to and they seem to care.

Also  the pricing in the US is much cheaper than Canada and as you all know we are not paying so much more for service but lack of service.

How the mighty have fallen,

Its obvious why Hp is taking over , Dell is forcing Canadians to other computer makers.

1 Message

December 3rd, 2009 16:00

I have experienced the same service. I just  got my first dell and receicved the wrong configuration. It was suppsed to be a 160gb Hard drive and I received a 16gb hard drive. One tech agent actually told me that I was wrong and did not believe me, and two others hung up on me. Dell has, by far, the worst support I've ever received. Not to mention all the countless hours of waiting to talk to someone. Another agent actually wanted to just send me the hard drive to replace it myself but obviously I didn't want to void the warranty so that was another hour wasted just trying get the computer I ordered. I was aslso transfered to at least 5 different people each time I called. I am not satisfied and Dell has offered nothing to make me a satisfied customer.

468 Posts

December 3rd, 2009 17:00

When I was a Dell customer in 05/06, they would often send me the parts if i thought i could swap them out myself and it never voided the warranty.  The policy could have changed since then, but if they give you the part to swap out, they can turn around and say the warranty is voided as it was THEY who gave you the part in the first place.

11 Posts

December 6th, 2009 18:00

Richard,

I posted a new thread entitled "good luck with getting support" before I came upon your post.  There really does not seem to be anyone to complain to, and from all of the posts here, it is unlikely anyone at Dell gives a hoot.  I love their products, but I have had it with their support. 

Liz

4.6K Posts

December 7th, 2009 07:00

It was suppsed to be a 160gb Hard drive and I received a 16gb hard drive.

I suspect you mean a 16GB SSD drive :emotion-55:

I'm not standing up for them - by any means!  But the reason the tech suggested sending you a hard drive to replace it with yourself, is because replacing the hard drive is one of the few changes you can perform yourself, without invalidating the warranty :emotion-5:

There really does not seem to be anyone to complain to

Have you tried the 'Unresolved Issues' link at the very bottom of the page Liz?

11 Posts

December 7th, 2009 23:00

I am not sure which page you  are referring to, but I will look for that link.  Does someone from Dell look at items posted on that link?  What is really frustrating me, and apparently others, is that there does not seem to be any way to give Dell feedback.  None of the contacts that they list are for that purpose.  That leaves me with the impression that they don't want to hear about problems.  Maybe I am wrong.  I will check into that link.  Thanks.

Liz

4.6K Posts

December 8th, 2009 06:00

You may have found it already Liz, but just in case:  Unresolved Issues.

Does someone from Dell look at items posted on that link?

I've never had to try it myself - thankfully, so I can't speak with any authority on it... but from what little I've read about it here on the forums, it *apparently* helps escalate your issue to a "higher authority"?

Time will tell I suppose, and hopefully it won't be too long a time before you get some sort of response to it?

But whatever happens... I'm sure others would appreciate it, if you let us know if it did help bring your problems to the notice of someone who was willing to take notice/help... or not as the case may be?

No Events found!