smokey216
1 Copper

Complaint about Dell, very unhappy!!

I have been a loyal Dell customer for over 20 years, and have made many purchases for desktop computers, laptops, printers, etc. I am writing because I was very disappointed in a series of events that occurred recently.I am posting this here because I am hoping to get some resolution and also hopefully prevent others from having a similar bad experience.

I was issued two coupon codes from Dell Corporation in the amounts of $75.00 each, to resolve a previous issue that I had. They expire September 15, 2012. I attempted to place an order yesterday for printer ink, and had over $150.00 in my cart. I then tried to apply both coupon codes but it would only show credit for one.

I contacted Customer Service via Chat to find out what was going on, and was told only one coupon code could be applied to one order at a time. So I removed some items from the cart and then placed one order and was able to use one of the codes (although I have no idea which one was used b/c the order does not retain that information). I then tried to place a separate order to apply the second code, but then got an error that said “Coupon Error: We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered has previously been redeemed.”      

Now, no matter which coupon code I try to apply to my second order, I get this error, but only one coupon code was actually redeemed (again, can't tell which freakin' one because they don't give you that info in the order details).

I spent nearly two hours yesterday 9/5/2012 trying to resolve this issue and use my second coupon code, but the rep told me he could not apply the coupon code either. I had to go through two chat sessions due to getting disconnected the first time around.

Today I phoned Customer Care at 1-800-624-9897 at the advice of yesterday's Rep and I spoke with someone named Wilson who told me after more than 30 minutes on the call, that nothing could be done. ????

This makes no sense. The Dell online ordering system glitched up and ate one of the coupon codes and now I’m not going to be able to use it??

Wilson confirmed he could see both coupon codes on the one order, both showed redeemed although my order clearly shows that I only was discounted $75.00.  Supposedly he is going to try to escalate this, but it will take several days to get a response and who knows what will happen then...I have a letter ready to go to the corporate office if I don't hear back in a timely manner or get the $75.00 credit.

If this were a $10 coupon code I would not bother with this, but it is $75.00. Also I really wish the original email instructions would have advised that I could store these coupon codes in my account…if I had known of that option, I would have applied the codes there and this most likely would not have happened. It also would have been nice to know that I could not apply more than one coupon code to an order.

I am so frustrated with this process and the fact that Dell Reps can clearly see I have not utilized both coupon codes. I am pretty much at the point where I am going to find somewhere else to purchase my computer needs.

I posted this here also to let others know, so they don't experience the same problems as me. Thanks.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Complaint about Dell, very unhappy!!

Hi Smokey 216,

I sincerely regret the difficulty you experienced while trying to use your coupons. Please use the link below to Private Message me your email address and order # so I may access your account records. I am happy to look into this issue on your behalf.

Thank you,

Dell-LornaM

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
smokey216
1 Copper

Re: Complaint about Dell, very unhappy!!

Hi Lorna, I sent you a note via the "Start Conversation" Link, that's the only way I could find so hopefully that's what you meant. Thank you for any assistance you can offer...

0 Kudos