Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

12 Posts

July 31st, 2022 19:00

DCF pages rendering failures across multiple systems and browsers

I have noticed rendering of the community pages can be a bit flaky. However, it seems to be only getting worse. I am now unable to see any of the community pages rendering correctly. I have tried this across multiple computers, both macOS and Windows 10/11 as well as multiple browsers, including Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2022 04:00

I am using Windows 10 with Chrome browser. Everything is currently working for me on the DCF.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 1st, 2022 09:00

@DELL-Chris M:

I've been having the same issue as deejinoz since 29-Jul-2022 (both Firefox and MS Edge) - see my 30-Jul-2022 post in ProfessorW00d's Dell Community Platform at https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/Dell-Community-Platform/td-p/8243406. Apologies if this reply doesn't render correctly - I had to compose in Notepad and copy and paste into the WYSIWYG editor, which is squeezed up into a tiny 1" frame (and can't be expanded) and is almost impossible to use. I'd post a screenshot but there's no option on the WYSIWYG toolbar to insert a picture.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2022 09:00

Edge both not signed in and signed in =

Capture.JPG

Chrome not signed in and signed in =

Chrome.JPG

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 1st, 2022 11:00

Hi @DELL-Chris M :

Then I don't know what the problem is on my end.  Every time I open a thread it looks like complete garbage [i.e., all text centered, no buttons (but there is a Reply link for each post I can use to try and reply) squeezed-up WYSIWYG editor with several missing toolbar buttons, oversized images, banners missing at top of page, etc.]. I cleared my browser history and disabled all my browser extensions and still can't get any thread to render correctly.

Perhaps because I'm located in Canada?

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

August 1st, 2022 19:00

I'm having that issue too.  On Win 11 using Firefox.  But Edge looks fine.  Don't know about Chrome as I don't use that.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 213328.jpg

The main community page looks fine.  But click into a sub-category and the left and right edges "overscan", that is, the items run past the left and right edges.  Yesterday, the thread list was all out of whack - text too big, every column in the page layout was center aligned, and images were out of line in random places.  Today (as of this post on Aug 1) at least the thread list is back to normal.  But the header lines still run past the right and left edges.  Even if you adjust the width of the window, the overshot edges expand with it and stay overshot.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 2nd, 2022 05:00

Hi @DELL-Chris M :

I'm beginning to suspect that there's something odd about the Responsive Design for the CSS style sheet for this forum.

As Spikesdad reported, the main page for the New to Dell Community at https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/bd-p/New-to-the-community looks relatively normal, except that certain elements at the top of the page don't re-size correctly or don't function normally [i.e., the Search box extends across and beyond the right and left edges of my screen and is cut off at both ends (similar to Spikesdad's image), the envelope icon for my Messages in the top-right is missing after I log in and only displays a red dot showing the count of my unread private messages, etc.]. It almost looks as if the CSS style sheet is not automatically adjusting for the size of my 15.6" laptop screen.

When I hover my mouse over the title of this thread ("DCF pages rendering failures across multiple systems and browsers") the URL shown in the message bar at the bottom of my browser is https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/DCF-pages-rendering-failures-across-multiple-systems-and/td-p/8243929/jump-to/first-unread-message, and I am re-directed to https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/DCF-pages-rendering-failures-across-multiple-systems-and/m-p/8243929#M191042 (if I am logged out) or https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/DCF-pages-rendering-failures-across-multiple-systems-and/m-p/8244287#M191049 (if I am logged in). That's where the page formatting really goes wrong, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's because the web page is being displayed on my 15.6" laptop screen (landscape mode with recommended 125% scale and 1920 x 1080 resolution) as if I was actually viewing on a cell phone in portrait mode.
-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v21H2 build 19044.1826 * Firefox v103.0.1 * MS Edge v103.0.1264.77

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2022 13:00

I was able to get this issue to show up on my personal system last night and have shared this. I am also going to share your post detailing it further. 

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 2nd, 2022 17:00

Hi @Dell-BradL :

Thanks for the update. Just relieved to hear that someone at Dell was able to reproduce the problem and that our concerns have finally been passed on to the development team.

I'd give you a kudo but my Kudo link seems to have disappeared.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 3rd, 2022 12:00

Hi @Dell-BradL :

I'm not sure what's going on today.  Things went from bad to worse this morning - the landing page for the New to Dell Community board at https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/bd-p/New-to-the-community was a complete mess and I couldn't even log in there this morning.

However, everything seems to be back to normal this afternoon and I was actually able to post a detailed reply in chriscfox's SupportAssist Won't Install. Uploading and inserting a .png image from my local hard drive was a bit glitchy (I kept seeing generic "something went wrong" error messages and a blank place holder in the post where the image should appear) but I think I finally got the image to upload correctly on the third or fourth try.

Fingers crossed things don't change again in a few hours.
-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v21H2 build 19044.1826 * Firefox v103.0.1 * MS Edge v103.0.1264.77

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2022 12:00

Sending this to the team. There was an update earlier that should fix the layout, but thanks for sending information on this new error. Please let me know if you see anything else. 

Thanks so much! 

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

August 3rd, 2022 15:00

Today (Aug 3, 2022), all seems to be fine now on Firefox at least.  But I haven't checked all pages.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 5th, 2022 13:00

Thanks for catching this and confirming you're seeing the same thing. We submitted a support ticket to the Dev team this morning about this, but it's good you're able to see the same thing on your end confirming that's more than just us seeing it.

I also apologize for the continued issues but really appreciate all the help! I am hoping this gets fixed sooner than later.

If you see any more issues please feel free to ping me, I hope you have a great weekend! 

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 5th, 2022 13:00

@Dell-BradL wrote:

... There was an update earlier that should fix the layout, but thanks for sending information on this new error. Please let me know if you see anything else. ...

Hi @Dell-BradL :

Another glitch showed up today.  When you open a thread the date of each post has an odd "leading" number.  If I'm not mistaken the new Community software is supposed to have an eye-shaped icon just to the left of the date of the reply that displays the number of times the reply has been viewed.  I suspect that these "leading" numbers are actually the view count displayed incorrectly.

Dell Forum Feedback Starnge Leading Numbers in Dates of Post 05 Aug 2022.png

-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v21H2 build 19044.1826 * Firefox v103.0.1 (default browser) * MS Edge v103.0.1264.77

37 Posts

August 6th, 2022 11:00

Still not working properly

3 Apprentice

• 

1.1K Posts

August 8th, 2022 09:00

@lmacri wrote:
Another glitch showed up today.  When you open a thread the date of each post has an odd "leading" number.  If I'm not mistaken the new Community software is supposed to have an eye-shaped icon just to the left of the date of the reply that displays the number of times the reply has been viewed.  I suspect that these "leading" numbers are actually the view count displayed incorrectly....

Hi @Dell-BradL :

The "eye" icons displaying the view count of each post appear to be rendering correctly today in my Firefox and MS Edge browsers.

Dell Forum Feedback Number of Views Icon Displayed Correctly 08 Aug 2022.png

-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v21H2 build 19044.1826 * Firefox v103.0.1 (default browser) * MS Edge v104.0.1293.47

No Events found!