Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2008 10:00

DVD PROBLEMS

I have an issue with my XPS 410. I have DVD units installed from new a Sony CRX310S  and a TSST TS-H653A. I am not sure how and when the problem started but when trying to load a program using either drive the computer will lock. It recognises the disc in auto-run and goes into setup but will go no further. Both DVDs operate normally in all other functions as far as I can tell. I think it is probably a software issue but what I do not know or what to do to solve the issue. HELP!

2 Posts

It will lock even on brand new disks. I had checked the Dell site for updates but nothing relavent, seems odd that both drives are having the same problem!

3.4K Posts

Hello,

Is it possible that the disk that you are trying to use is dirty, has a scratch, of other defect?

Do you have this problem with more than one disk? I don't think that using a drive from a Sony system can be the problem. Any drive from any system 'should' work in any other system as no software is required to read disks. There is an outside chance that the drive from the Sony system is lacking a required hardware update. If so, I suggest you visit the Sony site with part number in hand to search for a firmware update that affects that specific model number drive.

3.4K Posts

Hello again,

It could be a Windows, or antivirus, antimalware issue.

Turn off any antivirus and/or anti-malware programs that you may have running. If you are running Vista take a look here.

No Events found!