Highlighted

Delay in delivery and wrong delivery address by dell representative

Hello everyone,

I have ordered dell studio system on 23rd December. I am regulary checking dell website to track the order status. From the day I am monitoring the status, expected delivery date is 5th Jan 2010 (till this moment it is the same even though today is 5th Jan). Even now order status is "Work in progress".

Does every customer faces the same problem?

Also, even though I have given proper delivery address, the delivery address that is mentioned on dell website is different. I called up customer care but representative told me the proper address that I had given. He said dont worry about the address which is displayed on dell website. That address is where dell manufactures the laptops. I dont understand how dell wiil manufacture laptop at my home !!!!

If any dell employee is reading this question, can you please clarify me about this 'delivery address' issue?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
frankie96
1 Copper

Re: Delay in delivery and wrong delivery address by dell representative

Shekhar....this is not an isolate problem....on another section of this forum there are over 500 posts reagarding delivery problems with XPS 8000 and XPS 9000 studio systems...

I submiited an order on 11-17-09 and I now show a ship date of 1-13-10 with it still in production.  But if you read some of the posts there are people that ordered in December with my same configuration that have received their systems. Totally frustrating. Bottom line is that you cannot beiieve anything Dell support tells you regarding ship dates..

0 Kudos
beamermt25
3 Zinc

As for your address issue, I dont know what to tell you but call them again and verify the address or you will have to wait for it to be returned (hopefully) by whoever picks it up.  As for the status, sometimes dell's servers are not updated enough so it could be in shipped status, but the website hasn't gotten that information.  I have read posts where people have their computers in hand and the site still says 'in production' or 'ready for delivery' or some such.

0 Kudos

@frankie96

Agree... There are many people who are facing the same problem.

I should have read all those posts before placing my order. I would have chosen some other brand !!!

I just hope that my new laptop will work fine once I get it.

Anyways... I guess I have to wait for few more weeks to get new lappy.

Thanks !!!!

0 Kudos
alokcool
1 Copper

Hi sekhar,

I have also ordered  an Studio 14 on 22nd Dec whose EDD was on 5th Jan 2010.it is in work in progress stage from the day one.few houes back EDD was changed to be advised.If you enquire from customer care you will get the vague answers that it will take 2 to 3 more days for order to be shipped but not reason for delay

0 Kudos
eviel1985
1 Copper

Your in the same boat as many others.

I ordered a Studio Desktop on Dec 10/09 and was given a EDD of January 1/10

That date was delayed five additional days with a phone call on Dec 31, 09.

I then called back on January 4th to get the new EDD and was told at the absolute latest I would receive my system by January 19th.

I checked my online status today, and it has been shipped. I even have the Tracking numbers.

Thank God I am patient.

The online status doesn't seem to be working for everyone. Even my pages have mixed information about the EDD, however they all say shipped.

I am sure with a little patience and time your system will come in.

Hope it all works out.

0 Kudos
DungeonRaider
1 Copper

I ordered a laptop & monitor on 9/12 and was initially told I should receive it before christmas, then my order was cancelled and a new order created (I found this out several days after the fact) and was given an EDD of 4th January. The shipping details show it arrived at the "Main Hub Australia" on 29/12 but no sign of it on 4th and the EDD changed to "To Be Advised".

I should point out that throughout this time I called them several times and was given the run around, promised call backs that never came.... it was like getting blood from a stone just to find out that A new order number had been assigned as they had to make a small part change (not sure exactly what) as it wasn't in stock at their supplier.

Anyhow.... today... still no advice on when it'll ship so I rang them, was handed from one person to another then told (after a lengthy wait on hold) that the person i need to speak to is busy and would call me back withing 24 hours.

This laptop is supposed to be a new business laptop and awaiting it is creating a number of hassles as the old computer had to be removed before christmas.

0 Kudos

DELL EMPLOYEES..... Please have a look at all these questions / problems that people are posting in these forums. You are loosing trust of your current customers and customers of the future also because we are going to tell people to NOT to buy dell laptops.

Current update of my order :

After trying to call toll free number, I get message as 'Number does not exists'.

Then called  other number mentioned on dell website. As usual 2-3 representatives handed my call from one person to other. Finally some lady told me that EDD for my order has been postponed by 7-10 BUSINEES days. Now current status is 'To be advised'.

About my delivery address, I was told not to worry about it because the address that we customers can see is not our delivery address but its the address where laptop will be manufactured. 

The part of the website where we see our order details is poorly designed. If title of tab is 'delivery address' then there must be my complete delivery address only and should not contain address of their manufacturing plant. We dont care whether DELL manufactures our laptops on earth or on mars. we just want our laptop on time. Am I right?

0 Kudos
alokcool
1 Copper

Today i got the mail from customer care (but only after i wrote them) about the reaon for delay.and see there answer always vague nothing to the point or when the problem will be resolved

"Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care

We apologize for the delay in the production due to part shortage of 
LCD,14.0HDF+,LED,TLF,LGP and we are trying our best to complete 
the production on time

Warm regards,
SS
Dell India Customer Care"
 I am sure they will not send any updates unless i wrote  them again.As far as Dell order 
Status its still in to be advised mode.
This is my first time dealing with Dell,and i have a good reputation about Dell before this.but going 
through various blogs i found DELL is not what i have images in my mind.
They are not caring when we are paying, i wonder whether we will get any support from them after the sales.
I think i made a mistake in choosing dell.......i should have gone with HP
0 Kudos

Yeah.. even I am also feeling the same. Should have chosen HP. HP gives laptop on the spot, no need to book the order then wait for 2-3 weeks.

0 Kudos