Re: Delay in delivery and wrong delivery address by dell representative

Yeah.. even I am also feeling the same. Should have chosen HP. HP gives laptop on the spot, no need to book the order then wait for 2-3 weeks.

BTW, to whom did you wrote the mail?

0 Kudos
alokcool
1 Copper

There is link on the left bottom of page "contact us" at the order status page. You can submit the querry.

Which Laptop you have ordered?

I have Ordered :-

Dell(TM) Studio 14 Laptop (S541024IN8)

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64bit (English)

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6600 (2.20GHz/ 800

FSB/ 2MB Cache)

Memory 4GB Dual-channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 2GB)

Keyboard Dell™ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

Video Card 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530

Hard Drive 500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer

Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi MB Audio

Wireless Network Card Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

Bluetooth Module Dell™ Wireless 365 2.1 Bluetooth® Adapter

Batteries 6-Cell (56WHr) Li-Ion Primary Battery

Chainlink Black U-Trim

14" High Definition + WLED (1600x900) Display with

TrueLife™

0 Kudos

@alokcool

Thanks, I will also post query about my order.

I have similar configuration. Only these things are different :

Processor : p745 (2.13GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB cache)

Keyboard : Normal (without backlight)

Battery : 9 cell

Display : Default config.

0 Kudos
alokcool
1 Copper

May be yours order delay also because of 14'' LCD Display. lets see when they are going to give another EDD

0 Kudos
aro60
1 Copper

hi guys

feel disappointed too when i was told my notebook order will be delivered on 21st jan 2010, Dell not what it used to be!!

0 Kudos

I guess everyone is angry on DELL these days.

I still dont understand how come such a big company dont have any reserved stock of components. Even the grocery stores also have some reserved stock maintained for emergency purposes. I wonder how DELL works without maintaining minimum stock of components !!!

0 Kudos
Tony240
1 Copper

I wish I had found these blogs before I placed my order. I ordered a DELL Inspiron on the 13th December which as you can guess was a present from Santa.  The website showed an EDD of 31st December but I was delighted when I saw my order status show that the unit had shipped on the 22nd December.......maybe Santa was going to make it in time after all!!!!  My delight was short lived as I received an automated telephone call advising that the delivery date would be 5th January and I should select either a morning or afternoon delivery.  I duly selected afternoon and then tried to follow the progress using the tracking link on the web site.  This did not work and told me that the order number and customer number did not match!!!

I called customer support and was assured that the delivery date would be met, and I even called them on the 5th to make sure.  So here I am on the 6th January......you guessed it......no computer.  Called customer support and they could not give me any information and I was told to call back tomorrow!!

All in all an extremely disappointing experience and I wish I had just went to my local PC World and bought a system.  I have been a fan of DELL as I use them throughout my business but the experience has really left me wondering if my trust in DELL as a business partner is not somewhat misplaced..............

I also can't believe that DELL does not have a means for customer complaints........................is this devisive as they would be inundated!!! 

0 Kudos
DungeonRaider
1 Copper

Further to my previous... it's been over 24 hours (around 36 IIRC) and no sign of call back I was promised (not really surprised though - have been promised call backs many times but haven't had one yet).

My shipping details have been updated thugh... now saying it was given to a local courier 2 days ago, as it's too late for delivery it'll be at least tomorrow (ie. 3 days since being given to local carrier). I've no idea who the local carrier is, if they mean local as in my city, or local as in a carrier who services here but still has to ship here with that carrier, no indication of when it might arrive, no name or ref number with the local carrier so am stuck waiting indefinitely - which means I can't do other things because I need to be here in case the delivery comes.

In the past I've had good experiences with Dell and have actually recommended them to people.... well, won't be doing that again - probably the opposite!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Today's order status : Manfacturing build completed

emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos
alokcool
1 Copper

That's Great  Shekhar emoticon.Smile.title

Mine is still in to be advised stage......:emotion-12: when did your status changed?

0 Kudos