Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2010 23:00

Delay in delivery and wrong delivery address by dell representative

Hello everyone,

I have ordered dell studio system on 23rd December. I am regulary checking dell website to track the order status. From the day I am monitoring the status, expected delivery date is 5th Jan 2010 (till this moment it is the same even though today is 5th Jan). Even now order status is "Work in progress".

Does every customer faces the same problem?

Also, even though I have given proper delivery address, the delivery address that is mentioned on dell website is different. I called up customer care but representative told me the proper address that I had given. He said dont worry about the address which is displayed on dell website. That address is where dell manufactures the laptops. I dont understand how dell wiil manufacture laptop at my home !!!!

If any dell employee is reading this question, can you please clarify me about this 'delivery address' issue?

January 6th, 2010 02:00

I guess everyone is angry on DELL these days.

I still dont understand how come such a big company dont have any reserved stock of components. Even the grocery stores also have some reserved stock maintained for emergency purposes. I wonder how DELL works without maintaining minimum stock of components !!!

January 6th, 2010 23:00

Further to my previous... it's been over 24 hours (around 36 IIRC) and no sign of call back I was promised (not really surprised though - have been promised call backs many times but haven't had one yet).

My shipping details have been updated thugh... now saying it was given to a local courier 2 days ago, as it's too late for delivery it'll be at least tomorrow (ie. 3 days since being given to local carrier). I've no idea who the local carrier is, if they mean local as in my city, or local as in a carrier who services here but still has to ship here with that carrier, no indication of when it might arrive, no name or ref number with the local carrier so am stuck waiting indefinitely - which means I can't do other things because I need to be here in case the delivery comes.

In the past I've had good experiences with Dell and have actually recommended them to people.... well, won't be doing that again - probably the opposite!

January 7th, 2010 00:00

Today's order status : Manfacturing build completed

:emotion-2:

14 Posts

January 7th, 2010 00:00

That's Great  Shekhar :emotion-1:

Mine is still in to be advised stage......:emotion-12: when did your status changed?

1 Message

January 7th, 2010 03:00

Hi everyone. New here - new to DELL.

Unfortunately this likely to be not only my first post but also my LAST as it seems that DELL do not want my business. I ordered Studio 15 which is urgently required for work, on 30th December and received an Internet Receipt.confirming my order, but missing a crucial CPU upgrade I checked. I have now waited just over a week and as no payment has been taken from my card, tracked the order status using the IR number and email address.

My order has been CANCELLED for no apparent reason and I have had zero contcat with them despite 3 emails from me to them via their "Order Support" webmail system. Still nada. The card used was American Express which was listed as a payment option and there are no problems with this card whatsover having been a member for 30 years. So, have they run out of stock? Don't like the commission charges on AMEX? What?

If they had time to CANCEL presumably by human intervention, then does it not follow that at that time it was a simple matter to inform me by email as a matter of courtesy?

It took me over a week of researching all the options available for a good laptop and there is a lot of competition out there. I selected the Studio 15 as it was available at a very good discounted price for the spec and also had the benefit of the lower VAT rate.

So, I am now in the market for a laptop again after I thought I had solved this problem and will now emabrk on another round of research, but this time with the ability to save some time by NOT researching any DELL product.

So, my question is, why do DELL waste peoples precious time and money like this?

Sorry for the long first (and last) post but I am very angry...

1 Message

January 7th, 2010 08:00

I have ordered my inspiron 14 on 23rd Dec 2009 as well. The expected delivery date is 6th Jan 2010  but unitl this moment i din receive anything and i have email and called the company. No one is picking up the phone and no email is replying me as well. I received the notice thru mail when i submitted my order last 2 weeks that i should receive my order within  5 to 7 days after i submitted my order but it seem the mail gave me wrong information. My delivery details are correct so i just want to know what is happening right in Dell.

January 7th, 2010 16:00

*SNIFF* :emotion-9:

Am seriously on the verge of crying from laughing at the insanity that is Dell.... this morning there was another update to my shipping details, saying it was delivered three days ago - after about 10 minutes on hold they actually put me through to someone who provided a courier company and con note number.... apparently the "delivery" was just Dell handing it off to the courier company for ROAD express delivery (not AIR) and they expect it'll arrive here Monday - assuming the recent FLOODING of the highway doesn't turn the trucks back as it has done several times in recent weeks. :emotion-6:

Have to say, not only would I not recommend Dell again... I would actively try to dissuade someone considering buying from them (unless I really really disliked that person)! :emotion-12:

14 Posts

January 8th, 2010 06:00

Today my order status also changed to "Manufacturing Built Completed"  :emotion-2: The new EDD is 20th Jan

Hope this time they stick to this schedule.

14 Posts

January 10th, 2010 23:00

I am also going to recieve my laptop today itself:emotion-1:

21 days for whole process is not bad....... if  we see the blogs for delays related complain

I got my laptop :) :emotion-2:

Its really awesome !!!!!

2 Posts

That and much more. I ordered a computer and carry bag on 14th Dec. The bag arrived on 18th, but the tracking chart showed the bag and computer had been delivered on the 18th when the bag arrived. I could get no sensible replies about when my computer would come. Neither emails nor phone messages were answered. It arrived today (11 Jan). I could have been to Harvey Norman and bought a more powerful computer at a cheaper price and had it weeks ago. That said, this Vostro 1520 has arrived with no manual. Attempts to find a downloadable manual for the Vostro 1520 have been fruitless - only a service manual or a Setup and features information booklet.  Does anyone know how to get a downloadable pdf or readable manual for the Vostro 1520? I can't get any response from anyone.

14 Posts

January 11th, 2010 01:00

I totally agree with you....their customer care really sucks!

Bye the way i have just recieved my laptop...have a look once i reached home after office in the evening.

January 11th, 2010 01:00

If my laptop arrives tomorrow as I expect it'll actually be 34 days since I placed the order.... but it's not the length of time that's really the issue in my book... it's that I was promised it way sooner (before christmas, the order tracking was essentially useless as it either wasn't being updated or it'd be happening days after the fact, and getting any sort of information out of them on the phone or by email about what's going on was like getting blood from a stone.

It's that lack of customer service that has turned me right off Dell in future.

9.4K Posts

January 11th, 2010 07:00

robg8m,

9.4K Posts

January 11th, 2010 07:00

robg8m,

The Vostro 1520 manual can be found here:

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/vos1520/

No Events found!