Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2010 23:00

Delay in delivery and wrong delivery address by dell representative

Hello everyone,

I have ordered dell studio system on 23rd December. I am regulary checking dell website to track the order status. From the day I am monitoring the status, expected delivery date is 5th Jan 2010 (till this moment it is the same even though today is 5th Jan). Even now order status is "Work in progress".

Does every customer faces the same problem?

Also, even though I have given proper delivery address, the delivery address that is mentioned on dell website is different. I called up customer care but representative told me the proper address that I had given. He said dont worry about the address which is displayed on dell website. That address is where dell manufactures the laptops. I dont understand how dell wiil manufacture laptop at my home !!!!

If any dell employee is reading this question, can you please clarify me about this 'delivery address' issue?

January 11th, 2010 19:00

Was certain my running around was over but I made the mistake of misplacing the note with the con note number, and since it's not listed in order status or shipping details and no email has be sent with this information I spent about 20-30minutes on hold, only to be told I had to ring someone else.

Another 20minutes and I had to hang up as nature called.

Another 25minutes and I finally got someone who wasn't certain and would check with her supervisior (5minutes) and then come back and was told that the number was BXD followed by my order number... I said that it didn't sound right but she assured me that's what was on their records.

Guess what... it's not right. I know they did have the right number previously as they did manage to give it to me and it traced without a problem and the courier was also able to look it up..... but entering BXD####### as per my order returns an error.

Might have to try the courier anyhow and see if they can help... can't be worse than Dell and it's reps.

January 18th, 2010 21:00

This really is no way to treat customers. I had placed my order on January 8, 2010 and now, 10 days later, I find out that I can expect the delivery to take another 2 weeks. If Dell is unable to make the delivery target of two weeks, it should not make any such claims or at least provide the customers with a visible disclaimer that it is in shortage of raw materials and hence the customers should expect delays in deliveries.

I have already got in touch with the customer care executive who had walked me through the purchase process but I honestly doubt that she will be able to help me in any way. I plan to take up the issue with our consumer court once I get a clearer picture of Dell's malpractices.

1 Message

January 28th, 2010 08:00

Edited..

I got mine so ty :)

11 Posts

June 17th, 2010 11:00

hello to all...!

i am also planning to buy a dell laptop online in india... ur msges made me affraid of placing an order online... lol is it really worth to buy a dell laptop online? is there any perticular period like festival time-diwali or cristmas, when there is delay in delivery of system ?

No Events found!