Can anyone help me, since upgrading to Windows 7 my printer is unable to communicate. I've unistalled and reinstalled the printer,I've checked the usb port, I've checked the McAfee, I've downloaded a driver from Dell and downloaded Java - I think I've done everything possible.
Try following the instructions located at...
You'll have to allow the printer past McAfee.
Allowing Printer past McAfee
1. Open the McAfee Security Center and then click on the ‘Internet and Network’
2. To the right of ‘Internet and Network’ you would see all the services that are present under it, just below that you would have a button ‘Configure’ please click on that.
3. Now you would have the Internet and Network Configuration, in this window you would have an option ‘Firewall Protection in Enabled’ to the right of that you would have a downward arrow, click on that.
4. Then click on the ‘Advanced’ button which would have a new screen up.
5. To the left of that window you would have ‘System Services’ click on it and to the right pane of the window you would have the ports listed.
6. Please check the option which is for ‘Windows File Sharing’ then click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’
7. Restart the computer
Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks
Welcome to Dell Community!
#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015