Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2010 23:00

Dell Inspiron 1720 BIOS update problem

I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium from my Dell Inspiron 1720 and need to update my BIOS in order to upgrade to Windows 7.

When i click the blue 'download' button in the 'Drivers and Downloads for Inspiron 1720' page of the Dell website, a message pops up telling me "The content you are trying to access requires Microsoft . NET Framework". I already have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. If i click 'install now' it brings up a window asking me whether i want to 'repair' it, which will restore Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to its original state, or 'uninstall' it. If I repair it and go back to the 'Drivers and Downloads for Inspiron 1720' page and click on the blue 'download' button the same message pops up. If I uninstall it and reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework the same thing happens again.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

4 Posts

January 21st, 2010 18:00

Okay I fixed this one myself, sort of. Using another PC I downloaded the BIOS update and transferred it to my Laptop. I then ran the update, it succeeded, and I have now upgraded to Windows 7. Funnily enough the PC i used was a HP Pavilion.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

No Events found!