Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2012 10:00

Dell S2440L 24" Monitor

Hi,

I recently purchased the Dell S2440L 24" Monitor, and the text looks awful.  The text is is thin and pixelated.  It is the worst-looking text I have seen on a screen in recent years.

I am wpmdering how I should adjust the settings of the monitor to improve the display of text?

Thanks

1.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 04:00

Hi jediem,

You can run a self test by following the steps below and see if it is an issue with the monitor:

• Power off the computer and monitor.  
  • Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation, remove the Analog (blue connector)cables from the back of the computer.  
  • Turn on the monitor. 
  • The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains white. Also, depending upon the selected input, the dialog shown below will continuously scroll through the screen. 

• This box also appears during normal system operation, if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged.  
  • Turn off the monitor and reconnect the video cable; then turn on both the computer and the monitor.  

If the monitor screen remains blank after the customers use the previous procedure, check the video controller and computer, because the monitor is functioning properly.

You can also perform a factory reset of monitor and see if it helps:

1. Press any key to launch the OSD menu and press    to display the main menu.
  2. Press the Up and Down arrow buttons to toggle between options in the Menu. As you move from one icon to another, the option name is highlighted. 
  3. Navigate to 'Other settings'.
  4. Select 'Factory reset'. 
  5. Check if it works.

Please share the findings. 

1 Message

January 18th, 2013 02:00

I'm having a similar issue on a brand new S2440L with blurry text/jagged lines in general. I am in 1920x1080 and have tried both solutions you've posted. The interesting thing is I don't get this issue with my roommate's computer; text looks much smoother. I'd love to not have to make a return, and am willing to try any other possible solutions before doing so.

Regards

R Paulson

2 Posts

January 18th, 2013 07:00

Hi,

Read the review at http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2440l.htm very thoroughly.  I did everything they suggested and the colors, text, lines, etc. on the monitor look great.

J

No Events found!