Highlighted
cornyrhys
1 Copper

Dell XPS8500 downgrade to windows 7?

I bought a Dell XPS8500 around Christmas time. I have been disappointed  by windows 8 and really want to downgrade to windows 7. I have the disc i need (64-bit windows 7) but i was wondering if someone can help me by telling me if the hardware is compatible with the old OS because i saw on another post that some PCs running windows 8 are not compatible with the older OS. Thank you in advance. EDIT: also any advise for downgrading would be very nice as i am not completely sure on how to do it. I am just going to back up my files i want and run the disc 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DELL-Satya P
4 Tellurium

Re: Dell XPS8500 downgrade to windows 7?

Hi cornyrhys,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If your system was shipped with Windows 8 Pro only then you have an option to downgrade. Please check this link which has all the required information on how to downgrade to Windows 7: http://dell.to/16QHvi5

Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Satya P
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
Yes" button.

0 Kudos
Vellum
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS8500 downgrade to windows 7?

check out www.stardock.com for their Start8 it returns the start button and boot to the desk top all for less then 10 bucks.

0 Kudos