Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2008 02:00

Dell refused to supply laptop at price displayed at Website

On 03.11.2008, dell placed VOSTRO 1310 with a certain configuration on its indian website for INR 38800. It was categorized as GREAT BUY. I placed order for 1Pc of it. I received a refernce/CART no through email, which confimred order price of INR 39,550.72. Within Few minutes i received a call from somesalesman from Dell. He enquired about my address and lots of other things. I confirmed all the things. He asked for confirmation of the order, which i did. He also asked for Mode of Payment, i informed him that it will through Credit Card. he confrmed the order and informed that he will mail documents to me for my sigatures.

Later in the day, when i enquired about my order status, Dell asked me to pay Approx. INR 56,000 stating that there was an error within their organisation. I requested them to stick to their original advertised price and supply the material for INR 39,550.72 as orginally agreed by them. I went on writing to them but they did not reply to my mails regularly. They also refused to inform me the contact details of senior officials.

Don't you think these are unethical business practices being adopted by Dell. They are refusing to supply the product at the price displayed on their own webpages. they are also not replying to my mails. Through this page I wish to bring this thing to the notice of higher management to look into the matter and rectify the things. 

Don't you think, once the order is confirmed, Dell should supply the laptop. Is it justified on the part of Dell? They themselves offered a product at a specific price and now they are going back. I do not find business ethics in it

2 Posts

November 18th, 2008 03:00

Dell has made it clear they just dont care.  They have removed every tool possible to complain about anything they do, you're ONLY way to complain seems to be to post on the forums, and even then I doubt anyone that really cares from Dell is reading anyway.

No Events found!