3 Zinc

Re: Endless delays and excuses for an expensive purchase. Where is the customer service? Alienware Area 51 ALX

Sigh.. I too am in the same situation as most of you on this thread. I placed my order for the AREA-51 (non-alx) on Oct 22 with Dell. (One day after the computer came out in Canada) The order was suppose to get shipped out by Today (Nov 26th) so I just gave them a call now to see what the status is. And low and behold - the classic "we have a part shortage" excuse. I inquired as to the part missing - she said something like "Base" that I had trouble understanding and now my comp is delayed until Dec 29th till the part comes in. That's a +1 month delay from my expected date of delivery. Thanks a lot Dell, you have ruined the Christmas Holidays I booked off to game on this comp. 

The CSR lady in India I talked to told me to talk to Sales and ask them to see if they can change my system configuration to replace the part that was in shortage. So I contacted sales online and they indicated that they do not have access to the exact part that was missing from this computer (the sales rep gave me another answer indicating that the part shortage might be the I7 processor??).. nice communication going on between the Sales and Customer Service there... sigh.... so now , there is really not much I can do but wait and see. Seems like everyone's clueless as to what's going on with these machines..

Oh and I asked the rep - what is the expected delivery date of an Alienware Area 51 if one were to order now - he said "4 weeks". I was like what? I have to wait the same amount of time as people who order now??? How does that make any logical sense.....he wasn't able to provide a logical answer.

I asked if any compensation was going to be offered, the lady said none whatsoever. Wow....come on Dell - at least issue some kind of statement on what is causing this delay instead of leaving us in the dark!!

Alienware AREA 51 (Non-ALX)

Intel i7 920 2.66GHz

Dual ATI 5870, 2GB

DIMM,6G,1600,ANW DT

HD,300GB,S2,WD,VR150,XPS D

SOUND BLASTER X-FI TITANIUM

Ordered Oct 22

First EDD: Nov 26

2nd EDD: Dec 29

3rd: EDD: Sometime in 2nd week Jan 2010

Current Status: In Production

0 Kudos
2 Iron

Re: Endless delays and excuses for an expensive purchase. Where is the customer service? Alienware Area 51 ALX

Okay Dell, What if I say this:

I will send you the money 3 weeks after I receive the laptop.

Bank error, I assure you that you will have the money within next 2 weeks ( no extra, sorry)

Hum...I don't have money this time. I promise to transfer it to you next 2 weeks ok.

I know you have been waiting for 7 weeks for total, but you will have to wait more. I will expedite (but to me, expedite means : the same)

I know you are angry but it's Dell..oh oh sorry, I mean..it's me, not you, ok.

Sorry, I don't know if I can give the money to you or not. Just let me cancel this payment and re-enter a new date. 

(I just want to make it seems like it has been delayed just 1 week.)

Enjoy waiting...! (without even sure that you will have the money or not)

0 Kudos
2 Iron

STUDIO XPS 16 1645 i7

Ordered    09/27 - EDD 10/19 - Canceled by Dell - NO ANY NOTIFICATION

Reordered  10/22 - EDD 11/13 - Delayed to 11/20 -  Canceled by Dell - NO ANY NOTIFICATION

Reordered  11/19 - EDD 12/15 - ...( waiting to see WHAT WILL HAPPEN HERE )

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM, I have received an e-mail saying that: "your order is built and in transit to the shipping facility.

Normal time in this routing position is 48-96 hours.".

Waiting to see what will happen..

( visit my thread "STUDIO XPS 1645 - DELAY - CANCEL - RELEASED MONEY = DELL" for more information and update )

0 Kudos