Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2009 11:00

Hello every one, dell ripped me off

I am very sorry to state this issue here on dell forum, but I just want to let people know that what dell can possible do with you without you even notice !!!!! be very carefull

My problem:

I bought a memory from dell's website for my dell laptop, unfortunately I could not find the proper slot to install the new memory so I called dell and told them about the problem I need help with, they connected me with tech support and finally I was able to hold a person who helped my with installing the memory I was really thankfull to they guy's help.

Note: I specifically asked the guy that would I be charged for the support I am getting from him, he said no you would not be charged for

No one even mentioned about my support or warrany period that it has been expire or we (dell) want you to extend it or any thinglike that, I never provide any infromation like my credit card or any thing to any of dell agent because nobody even ask for it

Unfortunately I have dell financial account which dell knows, but any way after a month or so I received a bill from dell that I owe 181 and change dollar on my dell financial account. It stated the date of transaction which I was not aware that if I made any purchase on that day because I never did. So I looked up into my account and found out that they not really sure who but my guess is tech support put a extend support contract for me and charged my account which account I never give to anybody.

I called dell and they walked me to almost all of dell's department like financial, techs support, customer serverices etc... saying that it is my fault and the chances are that I asked for it and that is the only reason dell can put order on your behalf, but that is not even close to the truth.

Now it is almost a month that I am calling dell twice a week but not getting any thing good except forwarding to different departments and finally getting to some voice mails, I left voice message for couple of time but never heard any thing back from any body.

Please please please help me with my situation if any one can I would be really thankfull, and please forgive me for my mistake that made to dealt with dell I would not repeat it again I am so sorry about that 

Thank you

9.4K Posts

April 8th, 2009 13:00

ryaz101,

Our Escalations Team has your information and will be contacting you shortly.  They Do Not work on the weekends, so please be patient.  Follow the instructions I sent you in my email, and we will assist you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

11 Posts

April 8th, 2009 18:00

no I did not mean those people but I am mean Customer service people, I could be wrong but the way they treating me like keep transfering until voice machines I feel like that

11 Posts

April 8th, 2009 18:00

Thank you DELL-Robert P I appreciated your time

I tried to send you the information you requested but it did not went to you but it went to forum and because of that they deleted my posting as well, so am I missing something here?

Thx

13 Posts

April 8th, 2009 22:00

If I was you I wouldn't worry about filing a complaint with the BBB, I just did that over my laptop warranty issue. Useless, the BBB just requires for Dell to respond to any letters that is filed with the BBB, they don't have to take action, kind of a joke if you ask me. FYI if you are looking to purchase an XPS system, the salesmen state that Warranty is North American based, they make it sound like all the call centers and internet are in America or Canada, so that you just might understand the Call Center Representatives, it is not, and Dell gets really mad when you call them out on it.

My XPS M1530 that I bought last may has had my motherboard replaced 3 or 4 times, CD drive replaced, hard drive failed, LCD replaced, heatsink replaced, and a few other parts replaced. Basically, the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the battery and processor. I have asked Dell multiple times just to replace the computer, one guy told me "Dell is not in the business of replacing computers". Funny how that works, we sell something that doesn't work but we will replace the parts so many times that we pretty much paid to have the computer rebuilt 3 times, but we are not going to replace it. They did offer for me to have it sent in to a depot, even though the warranty states that they had to come to my location to fix the computer. When I told them that I didn't want to send it in, they delayed sending out any parts for it to be fixed until I have talked to someone on the next level of call center. They did later come out to my house to fix the computer.

My computer just had the motherboard replaced the other day, lets see how long it works. If I was to recommend anything, DO NOT get an XPS system, they are out of date just as quick as any other system. Also DO NOT get the warranty, they don't like to live up to it anyway, plus they typically make 85% margin on warranties anyway (At least that was the margin when I worked at Staples, they charge about the same about).

Hopefully you all have better luck then me, I just order a new desktop for me, I am done with laptops unless I need to get one for travel.

11 Posts

April 12th, 2009 12:00

That is what I figured, my issue is quite different because it is case of fraud and dell clearly ripped me off. I am not looking into deal with dell anymore and would not suggest dell to anyone as well, I was a fan of dell but not anymore, I already have enough pain with dell. I have been charged for an order which I dont know anything about it and moreover you can not trust dell because they charged my dell preferred account without my authorization, that is enough and that is "A CLEAR FRAUD (RIPPING)"

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 12th, 2009 14:00

That's funny. Puter. Even highlighted it! :emotion-2:

By the way, if you want to deal with computer companies who only purchase parts, build, sell and service within the US, here's a complete list:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 13th, 2009 05:00

If you keep abusing the TOS, they'll keep deleting your posts. You can complain as much as you like, but you must act in a civilized manner.

And I realize civilized behavior does not come easily to some.

14 Posts

April 13th, 2009 05:00

"Note: I specifically asked the guy that would I be charged for the support I am getting from him, he said no you would not be charged for

No one even mentioned about my support or warrany period that it has been expire or we (dell) want you to extend it or any thinglike that, I never provide any infromation like my credit card or any thing to any of dell agent because nobody even ask for it"

I am not sure how you got from this to Dell trying to rip you off. The most you can make of this situation was that the first rep you talked to was unaware that your warranty was expired. You can't blame an entire company for one person's mistake. I ALWAYS make it a point to state VERY CLEARLY whether or not I have a warranty for any service I get from any manufacturer. Sure, the rep you talked too should have done that, but more than likely he assumed that you where asking for warranty service, so he thought there would be no charge. He was wrong; but it is as much your fault for not being clearer as it is his for not asking. More than likely 99% of that rep's service calls are for service under warranty.

"I called dell and they walked me to almost all of dell's department like financial, techs support, customer serverices etc... saying that it is my fault and the chances are that I asked for it and that is the only reason dell can put order on your behalf, but that is not even close to the truth."

Sounds awfully close to "the truth" to me.

"and please forgive me for my mistake that made to dealt with dell I would not repeat it again I am so sorry about that "

Well, let me warn you, if you make all your service calls with companies the way you say you made this one, you're going to bit bad like this again, no matter what company you deal with. This is called communication.

It pays to be clear.

February 2nd, 2011 21:00

Sorry you didn't go Mac huh? It's funny that people think a Dell computer is cheaper than an Mac Air Pro! in the long run and after Dell nickels and dimes you to death you end up spending more!

They  stole money from me so I'm a bit hot under the collar and the responses to my concern are nothing but lies! I wish I could say different. I'll tell more as this openeds wide up!

9.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2011 04:00

Hi Russ is here,

Sorry you are having problems with your order.  If you could contact me privately, I'll be happy to see what I can do to assist.  Please click on my name in blue, then on the next page click on the envelope icon that says "send message" and I'll see what I can do.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

2.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2011 10:00

Look at the top of his post. You will see this.

"by DELL-Robert P"

Also, be aware that the highlighting, large font, and all caps comes across as extreme shouting. Not really good forum etiquette...

As to your problem, it appears Dell has replaced more than one machine for you (based on your deleted post) and it makes sense that they had to cut their losses. If I continuously have to use my car insurance,they could cancel my policy.... Sounds similar here.

If Robert can help you, great,but it really sounds like Dell has previously gone above and beyond for you....

Robert P, you may want to take a look at his profile page. It includes a cut and paste of a post of his which was deleted for TOS violations. By posting it there, it seems he is trying to circumvent the TOS.....

February 3rd, 2011 10:00

YOUR NAME ISN'T POSTED IN "BLUE"!

February 5th, 2011 17:00

I tried. You need to leave a phone number.

February 5th, 2011 17:00

If you were my intended audience I'd get more into detail. Just trust that I'm trying to do the right thing here, not for just me, for us all!

No Events found!