How do I change my nickname on the community board?

Jump to solution

For what are probably obvious reasons (unless my nickname has been fixed already), I'd like to change my nickname.  Figured I could once I got past the registration, but I can't locate anything in settings that seems to allow me to change it.

Any help is appreciated!  This goofy nick wasn't meant for the long term, just to get me past the registration page so I could post my reply to someone else!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I change my nickname on the community board?

Jump to solution

Glen already in use so I type this instead.

Unfortunately, you will need to delete your Forum account, then delete your Dell.com account. After you have done this you will need to start over with the name you want to use.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Glen already in use so I type this instead.

Unfortunately, you will need to delete your Forum account, then delete your Dell.com account. After you have done this you will need to start over with the name you want to use.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

LOL  That's hilarious! 

Give me 2 minutes with your DBA and we can fix it together... but that's OK, I'll live with the ironic name.  🙂

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I want to change my nickname that my kid put in and use something else but want to keep my dell account because it is necessary due to info and such for repairs 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

As DELL-Jesse L stated on 06-13-2018, there is not a mechanism in place to simply change a Forum username. The Dell.com account is associated to the provided email address and Forum username.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards