Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2018 00:00

How do I contact a Moderator ? The 'add friend' option appears to be removed with new forum software

As per the title. The old tutorial on 'how to add a friend' appears not to be relevant to the new forum software. How do I contact a moderator ?

9.4K Posts

January 29th, 2018 07:00

Hi Mooly01,

Does your page have an avatar on the upper right corner with an envelope to the left of it?

snip1.jpg

Click that, then on the next page, click New Message:

snip1.jpg

Then on the New Message page type the name of the person in Send To, the Subject, then the Message:

snip1.jpg

Let me know if that's not working for you, and I'll see what I can do to further assist.  Thanks.

9.4K Posts

January 24th, 2018 06:00

Hi Mooly01,

To "Friend" another user, first send a Private Message, once they respond to you, the "Friend" option appears.

snip1.jpg

133 Posts

January 24th, 2018 07:00

Thanks for the reply Robert.

As a standard user I don't seem to be seeing any of these options under this new software...... I have clicked your profile and nothing seems to show that seems to allow contact of any kind.

Not only that, I seem unable to attach images directly to the forum. The insert/edit image button opens but there is no option to browse for files on my PC.

I have attached (via OneDrive) a couple of images of what I am seeing.

My reason for asking about the 'friend' request and contacting a moderator is over a potential safety issue with a charger. I have posted about this over in the 'Vostro' section of the Laptops forum but despite many views, no one has replied.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap_5wZKaNRh9pCd15VMo6MGwWZOD

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap_5wZKaNRh9pCjrKmGSsqS9DukM

1 Message

January 25th, 2018 00:00

I'd like to contact support about my swollen battery on my Dell XPS 15930 - is there a recall yet on these batteries?

https://www.dell.com/community/General/Swollen-Battery-for-Dell-XPS-15-9530/m-p/5183343

Given up trying to have a live chat with Dell Support  :(    Replacement battery is outrageous price for a faulty part

133 Posts

January 25th, 2018 02:00

I share your frustration but you are probably best starting a new discussion for your battery issues in the appropriate sub forums.

I see that yet again, this particular section is under another heavy and sustained **bleep** (Edit... strange word to block. Canned pork attack then), exactly the same as occurred for many hours yesterday. None of this gives a good impression.

9.4K Posts

January 29th, 2018 08:00

BigBatt,

Please start a new thread, as your question does not relate to the one currently being discussed.  In lieu of that however, here is an article on the battery policy you may find useful.

133 Posts

January 29th, 2018 10:00

Thanks for the reply Robert. Yes, that seems to work and the option is there.

Many thanks. 

No Events found!