Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2009 17:00

How do i update the display driver for Intel® 865G???

hello i am trying to install a PC game (Monopoly-SpongeBob Squarepants Edition) that i purchased for my kids and keep getting the following error:

Initialisation Error: Unable to initialize display driver. Player
> > will quit! Clicked OK to exit error message.
> >
> >
> > System: Microsoft Windows XP
> > Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3
> > CPU 2.66GHz, 512MB of RAM
> >
> > Browser: Internet Explorer
> > Connection: Wireless Network Connection

I wuz also advised the following:

Product Detected

Intel® 865G

Current Driver Installed

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

So i need to know of a link that will help me fix this problem .... or how do  i go about the download?

14.4K Posts

July 6th, 2009 19:00

As you have found out the Intel graphics drivers do not install on a OEM system. So your only hope is to go to the Dell support drivers and download page to check for the latest drivers that Dell has.

I you list your computer model we can provide you with a link to the Dell driver. Note this may not be any better.

The other option if the system is a desktop would be to get a dedicated video card.

61 Posts

July 6th, 2009 20:00

I have a

Dell Dimension DIM3000 Intel(R), System: Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3
 CPU 2.66GHz, 512MB of RAM

I hope this helps and theres a driver to download. If not how do i install the video card and where? Is it the same as installing memory?

14.4K Posts

July 7th, 2009 08:00

This would be the drive to download. All you would need to do is download it and run it. It is dated from 2005 so im not sure if it will solve your issue.

As for a dedicated video card your system will only accept PCI video cards.

61 Posts

July 7th, 2009 18:00

Could you please re-post that link? Didn't seem to get it. Where do i get a PCI? Whats PCI stand for?

61 Posts

July 8th, 2009 16:00

Well i've downloaded the driver and the game still cant launch. :emotion-6:

No Events found!