Highlighted
ziesemer
1 Nickel

How do we unsubscribe from a thread's email notifications??

The email notifications I'm getting have the following footer:

----------------------------------
You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this topic.

To unsubscribe, go here and disable your email subscription for this thread.

The "here" link simply takes me to the thread, with no visible options for unsubscribing.  The only work-around I've found is to disable all notifications in my profile preferences, which is something I'd prefer not to do as I may miss updates on threads that I am still interested in.

For example, I'd very much like to remove my subscription from the "Poll - New Community" thread, with 716 replies received so far!

I am aware of and found this link for the "forum subscriptions", which operate on a per-forum basis.  These are all set to "No" already.  Where are the thread options?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
williamkidd
2 Iron

Re: How do we unsubscribe from a thread's email notifications??

That's a good question, ziesemer. At this point there is no list of threads that you are following that has Unsubscribe options. It has been noted that some people have been able to unsubscribe by clicking on the Favorites link at the bottom of the post on the thread to which you are subscribed. However, this doesn't seem to work for everyone. Another possible way is to create a post on the thread to which you want to unsubscribe and uncheck the option "Email me replies to this post" that appears right above the Post button. This doesn't seem to work for everyone either unfortunately. A final option would be turn off all post notifications in your Profile, as you mentioned, and then check each thread by clicking on the title of the post in your profile's Your Activity section. This last option is definitely the least appealing. If something definitive is found I will more than likely put a link in my Unofficial FAQ on how to accomplish this normally simple activity of unsubscribing. I hope this helps until then.

In Training at SpywareHammer Academy

Penny, everything is better with Bluetooth. - The Big Bang Theory

You can't believe everything that you read on the Internet. That's how World War I got started. - PS3 commercial

0 Kudos
europa303
5 Tungsten

This may or may not work:  Click Participate at the top of the screen.  Then in the Your Activity box click View All, then delete various entries there of posts you are "subscribed" to.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

I was told, go to the thread you want to unsubscribe from. On the top post, click on the favorite button and watch it bounce, then a popup window appears. Do NOTHING. Exit. You should no longer get email notifications.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

Thereal-dbk4297
4 Ruthenium

Hey all,

None of the suggestions listed in this thread work to unsubscribe to a posted or replied to message. That is except to turn off all email reply's in your profile, which is not a choice at all.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998

My systems ...
Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
Toshiba Tecra M1
Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
  Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sc0tt_ta
1 Copper

Hey all,

None of the suggestions listed in this thread work to unsubscribe to a posted or replied to message. That is except to turn off all email reply's in your profile, which is not a choice at all.

I tried this too, but still get emal from the post.

0 Kudos
RKushnier
1 Copper

I have two requests in to "Dell Customer Care" people to unsubscribe me from this forum. Apparently, neither DOES!... care, that is.

I did see a thread, somewhere from one of the moderators who said he would personally take care of an UNSUBSCRIBE request.  Not sure if that happened.

If there is anyone in charge, please remove me from this list, and provide a way out for others.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gina Q
4 Germanium

Ziesemer, Scott_ta, RKushnier,

My name is Gina and I'm the Global Sr. Admin for Dell Community. DELL-Robert P, a Liaison here at Dell Community, sent me notification that you all were having problems editing your profile to stop having emails sent on notifications. I have made a couple of setting changes to your user profile to not send email notifications. Please let me know if you continue to get the emails. We are expecting an update that should fix this issue but I do not have an ETA when it will take place. Once the update is in place you will be able to unsubscribe to specific threads and receive updates on the ones you want. You will need to go into your profile and change the notification settings at that time.

0 Kudos
bklynlou
1 Nickel

hi.  does anyone know if there is a fix or update yet to correct this issue?  if so, please be kind enough to post it.  thank you.  ps - im surprised that this has dragged on so long and i cannot still unsubscribe from certain threads.  i would like to keep my subscription to some threads, so i cannot stop all emails and unfortunately that means im still getting emails from the threads im no longer interested in. 

0 Kudos
MarkRaymond
1 Copper

Just got an email saying that my last post violated the rules.  Great!  Please delete my account.  Until someone does, I'm going to continue to post about how terrible Dell is!  The fact that no one has been able to answer the question about how to unsubscribe from a topic on this stupid forum is just more evidence of this undeniable truth!

0 Kudos