Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

December 4th, 2008 16:00

How do we unsubscribe from a thread's email notifications??

The email notifications I'm getting have the following footer:

----------------------------------
You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this topic.

To unsubscribe, go here and disable your email subscription for this thread.

The "here" link simply takes me to the thread, with no visible options for unsubscribing.  The only work-around I've found is to disable all notifications in my profile preferences, which is something I'd prefer not to do as I may miss updates on threads that I am still interested in.

For example, I'd very much like to remove my subscription from the "Poll - New Community" thread, with 716 replies received so far!

I am aware of and found this link for the "forum subscriptions", which operate on a per-forum basis.  These are all set to "No" already.  Where are the thread options?

387 Posts

December 4th, 2008 16:00

That's a good question, ziesemer. At this point there is no list of threads that you are following that has Unsubscribe options. It has been noted that some people have been able to unsubscribe by clicking on the Favorites link at the bottom of the post on the thread to which you are subscribed. However, this doesn't seem to work for everyone. Another possible way is to create a post on the thread to which you want to unsubscribe and uncheck the option "Email me replies to this post" that appears right above the Post button. This doesn't seem to work for everyone either unfortunately. A final option would be turn off all post notifications in your Profile, as you mentioned, and then check each thread by clicking on the title of the post in your profile's Your Activity section. This last option is definitely the least appealing. If something definitive is found I will more than likely put a link in my Unofficial FAQ on how to accomplish this normally simple activity of unsubscribing. I hope this helps until then.

4.4K Posts

December 5th, 2008 01:00

This may or may not work:  Click Participate at the top of the screen.  Then in the Your Activity box click View All, then delete various entries there of posts you are "subscribed" to.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 5th, 2008 02:00

I was told, go to the thread you want to unsubscribe from. On the top post, click on the favorite button and watch it bounce, then a popup window appears. Do NOTHING. Exit. You should no longer get email notifications.

Rick

3.4K Posts

December 7th, 2008 19:00

Hey all,

None of the suggestions listed in this thread work to unsubscribe to a posted or replied to message. That is except to turn off all email reply's in your profile, which is not a choice at all.

4 Posts

July 15th, 2009 14:00

Hey all,

None of the suggestions listed in this thread work to unsubscribe to a posted or replied to message. That is except to turn off all email reply's in your profile, which is not a choice at all.

I tried this too, but still get emal from the post.

3 Posts

July 17th, 2009 12:00

I have two requests in to "Dell Customer Care" people to unsubscribe me from this forum. Apparently, neither DOES!... care, that is.

I did see a thread, somewhere from one of the moderators who said he would personally take care of an UNSUBSCRIBE request.  Not sure if that happened.

If there is anyone in charge, please remove me from this list, and provide a way out for others.

Thanks.

1.7K Posts

July 20th, 2009 14:00

Ziesemer, Scott_ta, RKushnier,

My name is Gina and I'm the Global Sr. Admin for Dell Community. DELL-Robert P, a Liaison here at Dell Community, sent me notification that you all were having problems editing your profile to stop having emails sent on notifications. I have made a couple of setting changes to your user profile to not send email notifications. Please let me know if you continue to get the emails. We are expecting an update that should fix this issue but I do not have an ETA when it will take place. Once the update is in place you will be able to unsubscribe to specific threads and receive updates on the ones you want. You will need to go into your profile and change the notification settings at that time.

15 Posts

September 12th, 2009 16:00

hi.  does anyone know if there is a fix or update yet to correct this issue?  if so, please be kind enough to post it.  thank you.  ps - im surprised that this has dragged on so long and i cannot still unsubscribe from certain threads.  i would like to keep my subscription to some threads, so i cannot stop all emails and unfortunately that means im still getting emails from the threads im no longer interested in. 

1 Message

October 23rd, 2009 00:00

Just got an email saying that my last post violated the rules.  Great!  Please delete my account.  Until someone does, I'm going to continue to post about how terrible Dell is!  The fact that no one has been able to answer the question about how to unsubscribe from a topic on this stupid forum is just more evidence of this undeniable truth!

8 Posts

October 24th, 2009 09:00

Gina,

Please remove my id from getting email notifications!!!!!Please Please Please

October 26th, 2009 09:00

Hi. Please remove my ID as well from getting email notifications. I cannot figure out how to unsubscribe. I have looked everywhere and I am giving up. I get tons of email from this site. Thanks Eric

398 Posts

October 26th, 2009 12:00

How to stop getting email notifications:

From the Dell Community main page, click the link 'Edit Profile'. When the box appears, click on the tab 'Site Options'.

Scroll down to the 'Email Notification' section. For the option 'Send Notification' select 'No'.

Then click on the 'Save' button.

22 Posts

November 11th, 2009 08:00

This is so stupid that you can't unsubscribe from individual threads.  Even the most basic of message boards has this feature.

1.7K Posts

November 11th, 2009 09:00

Hi CondoCowboy, 

We are working on the problem of being unable to unsubscribe to a specific thread but until this option is available, there are a couple of ways to unsubscribe to an individual post.

The first is to edit your post in the thread you want to which you want to unsubscribe. After you click edit add a space in the post. Just below your post is the area where you can add key word tags and bellow the button labeled “Select Tags” you will see a box that says “Email me replies to this post” if you will uncheck that box and then post the message this will unsubscribe you to this thread.

The other way to unsubscribe is to turn off all messages. To do this you will need to do the following:

1. Expand your mini user bar and then Click to Edit your profile settings.
  2. Once you are in your profile click the Site Options tab
  3. Change the option Enable Comment Notification to NO
  4. Then scroll down below your signature and change your email configuration options:
    • Receive email to NO
    • Send Notifications to NO

Changing these options will cause community to stop sending the automatic emails.

In the future, you the option to unsubscribe to a specific thread will be available. Once that option is available, you will be able to turn on the email options again and then unsubscribe to the individual threads.

15 Posts

November 11th, 2009 10:00

ok gina, thanks for the explanation.  whenever a fix is created, can you kindly post that info in this thread so that the people subscribed to this thread will know automatically since theyre subscribed to this thread?  thanks again.

No Events found!