Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2012 18:00

I am & ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU

All right, let me make the long story short!

I ordered Inspiron 620 MT package along with 23 inch monitor yesterday since it is on sale and with the applicable coupon code. I used my existing account to place the order and input my workplace as shipping address. Probably 10-20 minutes later, I got a phone call from the verification department saying the billing information does not match my credit card that being provided. I did explain to the guy that I chose to use my company as delivery address because there will be no people at home to receive the package in the daytime. Meanwhile, I gave the guy my billing address and name, which are associated to the card. However, I was told the information still incorrect and he advised me to contact credit company Bank of America for details. Never mind, I followed the instruction and  the rep with BoA told me nothing wrong with my account and he even saw the transaction on pending status. Everything seems OK. 

I called Dell again this morning in order to confirm the shipping status. To my big surprise, I was informed the order was cancelled. They transferred  me back and forth to several departments: verification dept, sales dept and modification dept, none of them help me out. Worse, the promotion already ended and the coupon code no longer work, which I am not eligible to re-order using the same code. Therefore, I was asking if they can match the discounted price so that I can still get the package. Unfortunately, no one is willing to stand out to resolve this issue. I was once even close to get the price matched after talking to one of reps, who said need supervisor's permission to do and would call me back in 30-40 minutes. Well, it has passed for over 4 hours and no any follow-up phone call has been received. I gave the last shot to call Dell again though I feel so tired to deal with countless reps. The answer was the same, no price match.

Well, I did make best effort to cure the issue from the very beginning. Thanks to Dell's verification dept, it messed up everything and caused my loss of opportunity to get this bundle, and the frustration. Moreover, it makes me feel the quality of customer service deteriorates as they outsourcing the labor force oversea. I would urge them to rebuild the team and train more professionals, otherwise, they will definitely be bypassed by HP, ACER and Lenvo.

I usually do not like to complaint but Dell makes me so frustrated all day long. It is OVER!

No Responses!
No Events found!