Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

November 11th, 2019 10:00

Is there a way to turn off the madness with bot Private Messages?

I get them all the time and its becoming a pain. If you don't reply you'll keep getting automated emails till you do.

DELL-Cares
‎11-11-2019
Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. In case you have a question about your Dell system or need technical assistance, may I have the Service Tag or Express Service Code or order number, please? I’ll validate your system warranty and get back to you with the available options.   How to find the Service Tag: https://goo.gl/qc4MY8

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 14th, 2019 06:00

Because you are actively assisting other users on their threads via replies, you should not be receiving the bot Private Message asking for service tag.

We have enhanced your profile in our Forum Khorus software to allow for this. We will also tweak the Forum Khorus software to automatically tag profiles that exhibit this same activity of assisting other users on their threads.

Now, if you start a thread (original poster) asking for assistance from Dell, then you will get the bot Private Message asking for service tag.

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

November 14th, 2019 09:00

Gotcha! sounds good.

PS I actually received a message this morning from a thread from September of this year that I never replied to. Maybe what you mentioned will tighten that up also.

Thanks

2 Posts

October 14th, 2020 03:00

Not only does the bot send Private Messages with no reason, but even worse, when clicking on the email to reach the bot's message, I get the error message "The item you are trying to access is not available." I tried various approaches, but the "Private Messages" list is empty. Conclusion, this bot is a "spammer-ghost".

2 Posts

October 14th, 2020 03:00

Just received a third email from the BOT and now I can finally see the corresponding "private message" in this forum. Progress

7 Posts

December 18th, 2020 01:00

Hi Chris,

Could you please make it stop for me as well? The constant emails are driving me crazy. It’s pure SPAM. 

Thanks!!

1 Message

January 6th, 2021 00:00

That's happening in every forum when you leave a reply they send you the new replies regularly 

No Events found!