Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Latest Community Update 5/6/09

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you an overview of our latest update that was pushed on 5/6/09. This update was not as large as some of the previous ones. As many of you know in a previous update we lost the Start a Conversation button on user's profiles. That button has been restored. Other update items include:

• Wikis - Moving inappropriate content to a forum
  • Media Gallery - Lock Aspect Ratio when resizing images
  • Forum thread navigation in Groups
  • Wiki Previews

Part of the update also included items that will get us ready for the larger update that will happen in the fall.

11 Replies
Highlighted
9 Rhodium

Re: Latest Community Update 5/6/09

Hi, Dell-Gina Q.

As you must have noticed, the new 'update' has also, given the forum a smaller font, can this be changed to a larger font, to avoid giving us eyestrain.    emoticon.Wink.title

Bev

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi, Dell-Gina Q.

As you must have noticed, the new 'update' has also, given the forum a smaller font, can this be changed to a larger font, to avoid giving us eyestrain.    emoticon.Wink.title

Bev

Agreed, this was one of the major complaints members had when the new-look forums were first introduced :emotion-15:.

Best regards,

Highlighted
7 Thorium

5 hrs to fix wikis????? 

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

Highlighted
8 Krypton

Gina,

I tend to agree. The font size is very small. I may have to get my glasses changed soon! emoticon.Cool.title

A track/untrack this thread button would be nice for each thread.

Still keeping our fingers crossed for the colapsable tree on every page.

Cannot compare revision 2 with revision 5 in the Wiki's, it doesn't highlight it anymore. Wiki's, I hope, will be cleaned out and only the helpful information will stay.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

Highlighted
5 Rhenium

My start a conversation button is back and so is my activities. The font needs to be enlarged, but also made as dark as it was before.

Teddi

#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017

Highlighted
7 Thorium

So far, so good. emoticon.Yes.title

My Send a Message for Private Conversations with Friends is labeled "Send a" but it works now, so I know what it means. New members may not.

The first post in a thread is still coming up at the top of each page -- rather bothersome when scrolling through logs which should be showing sequential changes.

Other than that everything else looks good. The font size is not a problem for me, and the font color I'm seeing is dark grey in threads and black in replies and previews..  I use Firefox No-Squint Add-on at 110 - 115% for Dell.

Keep up the good work.

Windows Insider MVP 2016 - Present

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional

Highlighted
Not applicable

Speedy fix regarding the font size, Thanks Gina and team emoticon.Wink.title :emotion-2:.

Highlighted
9 Rhodium

Gina.

My eyes say, thank you, for the font fix.     emoticon.Cake.title     emoticon.Yes.title

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Thanks for fixing the font size and darkening the words.

Teddi

#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017